Trojan detected

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
jsampson45
User
User

Trojan detected

Post by jsampson45 »

When trying to compile a program testing COMate Plus, Kaspersky antivirus reports that there is a trojan
"HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic" in purebasic_compilation0.exe. I am running the current version of Purebasic on Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit).
Tenaja
Addict
Addict

Re: Trojan detected

Post by Tenaja »

Better file a false positive report.
jsampson45
User
User

Post by jsampson45 »

I would need to know where to find purebasic_compilation0.exe, or which file contains the alleged Trojan.
Rescator
Addict
Addict

Post by Rescator »

In compiler options under "Compile/Run" there is a option "Create temporary executable in the source directory", enable that, compile and find the exe in the directory of your source file.
Tenaja
Addict
Addict

Post by Tenaja »

If you are running windows, the default location is the Temp folder.
PB Fanatic
User
User

Post by PB Fanatic »

Turning off heuristics scanning in Kaspersky would be a better solution for your sanity. Who wants to deal with false positives all day long?
Artus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Artus »

Hi,
I have suddenly the same problem,
but there is something strange. If I got a file from STARGATE and add this code:

Code: Select all

Procedure ABC()
EndProcedure

ABC()
all works fine, but if I create a new file\project and write this code, I get a detection by kaspersky and I can't execute it. I can't start any new project what call a procedure.
This is really strange and makes no sense according to me.

Does someone has a idea why?

PS: I installed only Kaspersky and Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, between all was okay and this problem.

Greetings
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

Post by IdeasVacuum »

Anti-Virus works in very silly ways, for heuristics read "assumptions and guesses".

I suggest you add the PB folder (Program Files) and your application development folder to the Anti-Virus exclusion list ("white list").
IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.
heartbone
Addict
Addict

Post by heartbone »

PB Fanatic wrote:Turning off heuristics scanning in Kaspersky would be a better solution for your sanity. Who wants to deal with false positives all day long?
Exactly best answer so far.
Who wants to deal with false positives?
When I installed the SpiderBasic alpha, AVIRA spat out a false detection.
This problem will NEVER be corrected by playing nice and wasting your time with a false positive report.
An honest and well thought out letter or two on this topic sent to the many magazine technical columnists and online tech bloggers making sure a bcc: is sent to the financial officers of these offending organizations, would be a better use of your energies.
Enough of those articles and the false positives would diminish through market forces (i.e. product competition touting their superior lack of false positives).

Anyhow virus infections are so passé, scripts are the way most machines I get to fix are compromised.
Keep it BASIC.
Dude
Addict
Addict

Post by Dude »

There needs to be a sticky topic about false alerts, since they come up so often.
Artus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Artus »

PB Fanatic wrote:
Turning off heuristics scanning in Kaspersky would be a better solution for your sanity. Who wants to deal with false positives all day long?
Exactly best answer so far.
Who wants to deal with false positives?
When I installed the SpiderBasic alpha, AVIRA spat out a false detection.
Yes, i can put it on my PC on an White List, but I programming things for other people and my company,
if they get an anti-virus alert, the IT-Section of my company will be really angry.
So, it's not the best solution, if you ask me. It would be better to find the reason why it happens!

Greetings
heartbone
Addict
Addict

Post by heartbone »

Artus wrote:Yes, i can put it on my PC on an White List, but I programming things for other people and my company,
if they get an anti-virus alert, the IT-Section of my company will be really angry.
So, it's not the best solution, if you ask me. It would be better to find the reason why it happens!
We know why.
And there are many reasons.
I believe for example that if your company were to formally pay the AV maker to insure that your products are whitelisted, then it won't get falsely detected.
And that might be the best solution for your company, but certainly not for most indie developers.
That is why the grassroots approach might be more effective in reducing this annoying problem.
Keep it BASIC.
Tenaja
Addict
Addict

Post by Tenaja »

Artus wrote:Yes, i can put it on my PC on an White List, but I programming things for other people and my company,

Greetings
I don't know about the other brands, but BitDefender sometimes updates with a false positive report as quickly as fifteen minutes.

If you know you are about to distribute a new exe, it might make sense to report the file with a false positives report, even if you aren't sure if the file is hitting. Send it to every av brand you know your customers are using, and maybe the most popular ones.

But yes, it sucks. It's all because a couple douchebags decided to use PB for their douchery.