Can PureBasic be ported to MINUX

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
dan yalte
User
User

Can PureBasic be ported to MINUX

Post by dan yalte »

Can Pure Basic be ported to MINUX.

MINUX is older then linux.

First used to teach people how an OS Works.

MINUX now at 3.10 and newer can run most BSD code out of the box
super tiny The core of the os is Less then 20,000 lines of C code. Some machines have been running it non stop for over 20 years...
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Can PureBasic be ported to MINUX

Post by Bitblazer »

I guess you refer to Minix. Personally i am surprised that it is at 3.1 now, when Tanenbaum actually had a successor with Amoeba many years ago already. PB support for amoeba and a stable amoeba version for IoT - now that would be something for the future, not a linux competitor from the past.

Whats the point of minix when you have linux with all those variations from DSL, Kubuntu, Mint, Suse, Fedora and a few hundred more ... (see Distrowatch). Not to mention the several BSD based operating systems.

But Purebasic supports linux, i have tested it with many versions.
dan yalte
User
User

Re: Can PureBasic be ported to MINUX

Post by dan yalte »

Yes but go look at where Minux is now. it's totally different.
It's super small super fast. and it is super stable due to it's small size.
It can Run about 80% of BSD Code out of the box. still need a few drivers before it can be a real tool.

Linux is wicked in every way. Linux is what i use 95% of the time but i do see problems coming as due others.

Tanenbaum Said along time ago that a monolithic core would cause problems with linux at some point. Many people are now starting to say the same thing. The GNU compliers are now causing there own problems also.

Only time will tell. it's still cool however have a look..