Windows 7 64 bit operating system bug

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
Yam
New User
New User

Windows 7 64 bit operating system bug

Post by Yam »

I take Pinball.pb sample and run&compile it.
And I get this Message:
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

And this Message from PureBasic:

The debugged execution quit unexpectedly.
Why?

// Edit: No Bug -> Moved from "Bug Reports" to "General Discussion" (Kiffi)
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

Re: Windows 7 64 bit operating system bug

Post by IdeasVacuum »

Hi Yam

That sounds like an Anti-Virus issue. Most AV software has never been made to accommodate executables that are under development.

Add your Development Folder to the Anti-virus "white list" (A list of places it must not check). Let's see if that helps.
IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.
NicTheQuick
Addict
Addict

Post by NicTheQuick »

The problem is that you are still using Windows 7. WHY? :?
The english grammar is freeware, you can use it freely - But it's not Open Source, i.e. you can not change it or publish it in altered way.
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

NicTheQuick wrote:The problem is that you are still using Windows 7. WHY? :?
The problem is that any still using Windows XP (For example cash dispensers) :mrgreen:
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
Yam
New User
New User

Post by Yam »

Thanks for the reply.
That mean I want be able to use pureBasic anymore with My Win7.
Kiffi
Addict
Addict

Post by Kiffi »

Yam wrote:That mean I want be able to use pureBasic anymore with My Win7.
There is no problem with Windows 7, there is more likely to be a problem with your anti-virus program (see the posting from IdeasVacuum).
Hygge
Josh
Addict
Addict

Post by Josh »

NicTheQuick wrote:The problem is that you are still using Windows 7. WHY? :?
That's great. Just write some nonsense that definitely has nothing to do with the problem of Yam and make new users feel insecure. Well done.
sorry for my bad english
NicTheQuick
Addict
Addict

Post by NicTheQuick »

Kiffi wrote:
There is no problem with Windows 7, there is more likely to be a problem with your anti-virus program (see the posting from IdeasVacuum).
That is not true. Windows 7 is outdated and should not be used anymore. Also it makes no sense to develop specifically for it. It should be replaces with a new operating system since January 2020. There was plenty of time to do so.
Okay, there is an extended support lifespan until 2023 but in this case I hope you get paid well for developing software. :wink:
The english grammar is freeware, you can use it freely - But it's not Open Source, i.e. you can not change it or publish it in altered way.
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

This problem is not specific to Windows 7. A quick test here with PB 5.72 x64 on Windows 10 resulted in the same problem.
plouf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by plouf »

NicTheQuick wrote:
Kiffi wrote:
That is not true. Windows 7 is outdated and should not be used anymore. Also it makes no sense to develop specifically for it. It should be replaces with a new operating system since January 2020. There was plenty of time to do so.
Okay, there is an extended support lifespan until 2023 but in this case I hope you get paid well for developing software. :wink:
complete wrong approach, and as alway being already said. that it help not at all, the original post.

anyway a program/compiler should NOT change as long as it not needed for
Windows7 have a significant market share, and should supported as long as extra job is NOT required

i.e. if a new framework needed that support only windows 8-10 , PB must move, otherwise not!
Christos
Josh
Addict
Addict

Post by Josh »

Sorry Nic, you're getting weirder and weirder. As usual, you just read something you think is there, but definitely not there. This thread is not about an operating system.
NicTheQuick wrote:That is not true.
So you definitely know that it's not a problem with the antivirus, it's a problem with Win7. Can you please let us share your findings?
NicTheQuick wrote:Windows 7 is outdated and should not be used anymore.
You should let everyone decide for themselves which operating system they use. Maybe there's even a reason for that. In any case PureBasic runs on Win7 without problems.
NicTheQuick wrote:Also it makes no sense to develop specifically for it.
Where has Yam written something that he wants to write a program specifically for Win7. He mentioned Win7 because he is using it right now.
NicTheQuick wrote:Okay, there is an extended support lifespan until 2023 but in this case I hope you get paid well for developing software.
Do you want to tell Yam that he has to take extended support because he still uses Win7?
Will the program then run with the extended service? Let us share your knowledge, please.

You obviously don't have the slightest idea how many Win7 and even XP machines are running in production facilities and nobody will think of replacing them as long as there is no revolutionary change in production.

I just don't understand what's going on with you. On the one hand you want to scare off new members with your false reports, on the other hand you would like to kiss the feet of all spamers in the German forum.
sorry for my bad english