LineXY

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
Saki
Addict
Addict

Re: LineXY

Post by Saki »

Thanks Wilbert,
i don't use it, because i primarily didn't see any advantage over point and plot.
With assembler this is something different again !
地球上の平和
Ivan
User
User

Post by Ivan »

@mk-soft For now, you are way over my head, but maybe when I know PB better.

I did a test routine I'm for a start are satisfied with:

Code: Select all

lenght.w = 1600                                           ; window size
height.w = 800
scale.w = 200
xpos.w = 500                                              ; center for unit circle
ypos.w = 500
x.f = 0                                                   ; periferi coordinates for unit circle
y.f = 0
t.f = 0                                                   ; start circle 3 o clock

If OpenWindow(0, 0, 0, lenght, height, "2D-test", #PB_Window_SystemMenu | #PB_Window_Normal)
    If CreateImage(0, lenght, height) And StartDrawing(ImageOutput(0))
      Box(0, 0, lenght, height, RGB(255, 255, 255))

Repeat

x = Cos(t) * scale        
        y = Sin(t) * scale

y *-1                                             ; move normal anti clockwise for unit circle 

x + xpos
        y + ypos

LineXY(500, 500, x, y, $FF0000)
        ;Plot(x, y, RGB (0, 0, 255))

t + 0.0314                                        ; jump 1/100 PI RADIAN

;Debug Str(Int(xpos+x)) + "," + Str(Int(ypos+y))

Until t >= #PI                                      ; half unit circle = 1 PI RADIAN

StopDrawing() 
      ImageGadget(0, 0, 0, 200, 200, ImageID(0))
    EndIf

Repeat
      Event = WaitWindowEvent()
    Until Event = #PB_Event_CloseWindow
  EndIf
Ivan
User
User

Post by Ivan »

The line:

LineXY(500, 500, x, y, $FF0000)

should of course have been:

LineXY(xpos, ypos, x, y, $FF0000)
kernadec
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by kernadec »

hello
Little description

x.l = 100
y.l = 100
x1.l = 400
y1.l = 400
If OpenWindow(0, 0, 0, 600, 600, "Description Function Drawing line", #PB_Window_SystemMenu | #PB_Window_ScreenCentered)
  CanvasGadget(0, 0, 0,600, 600)

StartDrawing(CanvasOutput(0))

DrawingMode(#PB_2DDrawing_Outlined)

Box(x, y, x1, y1,#Black)

Line(x, y, x1, y1,#Red) 

;  Analysis Function Drawing Line in PureBasic
  ;  angle projection line = atn( x1 / y1 ) = 45 deg
  ;  long  projection line = square( x1 ^ 2 + y1 ^ 2 ) = 565.685425 
  ;  example diameter hypothenus square to 45 degree

Circle(x1 - 100, y1 - 100, 565 / 2, #Blue)

StopDrawing()

Repeat : Until WaitWindowEvent() = #PB_Event_CloseWindow
EndIf
best regard
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

Example with Macros ...
At time need alway color parameter.

;-TOP

DeclareModule Flip2d
  Global _OffsetY_.i

Macro _PB_(_Function_)
    _Function_
  EndMacro

Macro SetOffset(_Value_)
    _OffsetY_ = _Value_
  EndMacro

Macro Line(x, y, Width, Height, Color)
    _PB_(Line)(x, _OffsetY_ - (y), Width, (Height) * -1, Color)
  EndMacro

Macro Box(x, y, Width, Height, Color)
    _PB_(Box)(x, _OffsetY_ - (y), Width, (Height) * -1, Color)
  EndMacro

Macro Circle(x, y, Radius, Color)
    _PB_(Cirle)(x, _OffsetY_ - (y), Radius, Color)
  EndMacro

EndDeclareModule

Module Flip2d

EndModule

If OpenWindow(0, 0, 0, 200, 200, "2DDrawing Example", #PB_Window_SystemMenu | #PB_Window_ScreenCentered)
  If CreateImage(0, 200, 200) And StartDrawing(ImageOutput(0))

Box(0, 0, 200, 200, RGB(255, 255, 255))
    Box(160, 20, 20, 20, RGB(255, 0, 0))

UseModule Flip2d
    SetOffset(200)

Box(160, 20, 20, 20, RGB(0, 255, 0))

For Width = 1 To 180 Step 5
      Line(10, 10, Width, 180, RGB(Random(255), Random(255), Random(255)))
    Next Width
    StopDrawing() 
    ImageGadget(0, 0, 0, 200, 200, ImageID(0))
  EndIf

Repeat
    Event = WaitWindowEvent()
  Until Event = #PB_Event_CloseWindow
EndIf
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
Ivan
User
User

Post by Ivan »

I'm currently writing a program that needs a lot of collision detection and scrolling.

I converted some of my code from BBC BASIC to Pure Basic with ease, but the upside-down for y-values adds another layer of difficulties that makes it extra hard and is a hurdle for me.

I really, really like PB but for now I have to be productive again because of a deadline.

Cheers. :)
Ivan
User
User

Post by Ivan »

Little John wrote:
Ivan wrote:@Little John

"(this is the classic behaviour of the BASIC programming language)." - not the BBC Basic I was used to in the eighties. :)
OK. But it works that way in many classic BASIC flavours, IIRC e.g. in GW-BASIC, QBASIC, QuickBASIC, Turbo BASIC, PowerBASIC, ...
Ivan wrote:That very little I know about a coordinate system and math: Incrementing y-values goes up - not down.
This is true for the "normal" Cartesian coordinate system that most people learn at school. Hoewever, mathematicians also work with various other coordinate systems, and everyone is free to define her/his own coordinate system. The creators of many classic BASIC flavours took the freedom to define it the way that incrementing y-values go down from the top.
("normal" Cartesian coordinate system that most people learn at school. Hoewever, mathematicians also work with various...)

With my little knowledge in matematics and geometry I assumed that most programmers are not matemathecians allthough we use matematics to some extend and could use the knowledge we already have.
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

Ivan wrote:
Little John wrote:

"(this is the classic behaviour of the BASIC programming language)." - not the BBC Basic I was used to in the eighties. :)
OK. But it works that way in many classic BASIC flavours, IIRC e.g. in GW-BASIC, QBASIC, QuickBASIC, Turbo BASIC, PowerBASIC, ...
Ivan wrote:That very little I know about a coordinate system and math: Incrementing y-values goes up - not down.
This is true for the "normal" Cartesian coordinate system that most people learn at school. Hoewever, mathematicians also work with various other coordinate systems, and everyone is free to define her/his own coordinate system. The creators of many classic BASIC flavours took the freedom to define it the way that incrementing y-values go down from the top.
("normal" Cartesian coordinate system that most people learn at school. Hoewever, mathematicians also work with various...)

With my little knowledge in matematics and geometry I assumed that most programmers are not matemathecians allthough we use matematics to some extend and could use the knowledge we already have.
  1. You don't have to be a mathematician in order to be able to use PureBasic's LineXY() command properly (and I didn't write that).
  2. When you start using a new programming language, you better should be prepared for learning new stuff.
  3. Usage of PureBasic's LineXY() command is documented properly, and you've got a lot of additional information in this thread.
So what is the problem now :?:
Saki
Addict
Addict

Post by Saki »

Little John is right !

It is a strange large thread.
Making simple things mostly complicated. :wink:

You have to do it like it says in the manual :!:
地球上の平和
oreopa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by oreopa »

Does BBC BASIC invert the Y coords? Didn't know that... interesting...
Proud supporter of PB! * Musician * C64/6502 Freak
Ivan
User
User

Post by Ivan »

Little John wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Little John wrote:

1. You don't have to be a mathematician in order to be able to use PureBasic's LineXY() command properly (and I didn't write that).
  2. When you start using a new programming language, you better should be prepared for learning new stuff.
  3. Usage of PureBasic's LineXY() command is documented properly, and you've got a lot of additional information in this thread.
So what is the problem now :?:
Of course you have to learn new stuff, if you try another languages - what else.

I was apparently not succesfull in explaining that in a x,y coordinat system I know of will y increment, when you go up - that it.

No problem, if you ask me.
Ivan
User
User

Post by Ivan »

oreopa wrote:Does BBC BASIC invert the Y coords? Didn't know that... interesting...
BBC BASIC does what I have learned about coordinate systems.

For me it's logically when y = 0 then you are on the floor and increasing y-values goes upwards.

And that view goes fine with the origin at 0,0 and move in a quadrant or in an octant 0,0,0
Ivan
User
User

Post by Ivan »

Saki wrote:Little John is right !

It is a strange large thread.
Making simple things mostly complicated. :wink:

You have to do it like it says in the manual :!:
Agreed.

If I won't follow the manual I'll have to invert y myself.

I thought I had explained that. :)
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

Ivan wrote:Of course you have to learn new stuff, if you try another languages - what else.
Well, you previously wrote
I assumed that [.. we ..] could use the knowledge we already have.
Hence my respective reply.
Ivan wrote:No problem, if you ask me.
I still do not understand why in this message you quoted text from me, and what the purpose of that message was ...
However, when there are no problems, that's fine. :-)
oreopa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by oreopa »

Ivan wrote:
oreopa wrote:Does BBC BASIC invert the Y coords? Didn't know that... interesting...
BBC BASIC does what I have learned about coordinate systems.

For me it's logically when y = 0 then you are on the floor and increasing y-values goes upwards.

And that view goes fine with the origin at 0,0 and move in a quadrant or in an octant 0,0,0
It's not an issue for me for you to have your own preference :) I have no comment on that at all...

I should have been clearer. I was simply interested in the way the BBC is handling this internally... it means that bitmap memory is stored left-right/bottom-up? Or that it's just simply a translation in basic interpreter that y=0 is the bottom? Curious... I will look into it...
Proud supporter of PB! * Musician * C64/6502 Freak