How to post with Attachments ?

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
Joris
Addict
Addict

How to post with Attachments ?

Post by Joris »

Hi, I'd like to post my free PB-tool in a zip-file and if possible a gif in that topic, which explains important functionality (zip is 200 kB, gif is (+9MB), how to do that ?

Thanks.

// Moved from "Announcement" to "General Discussion" (Kiffi)
Yeah I know, but keep in mind ... Leonardo da Vinci was also an autodidact.
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: How to post with Attachments ?

Post by Bitblazer »

• * Convert the zip binary into text for example by using the base64encoder command.
    * Upload the picture to some webspace.
    * Create a topic with the encoded zip plus some instructions and embedd the image by using an external link.
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
#NULL
Addict
Addict

Post by #NULL »

Bitblazer wrote:
  • * Convert the zip binary into text for example by using the base64encoder command.
    * Upload the picture to some webspace.
    * Create a topic with the encoded zip, plus some instructions and embedd the image by using an external link.
Lunar Ship does something similar via PB code
http://forums.purebasic.com/english/vie ... 96&start=0
But there is still the text-size limitation of forum posts that you could run into.
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

#NULL wrote:But there is still the text-size limitation of forum posts that you could run into.
That is technically easy to fix, by calculating the maximum size of individual posts, creating a multivolume ZIP archive with that size and post each part in a seperate post. I assume at some point a forum admin will furiously breathe down your neck though, when the database size explodes and the forum software shows bugs due to multi-megabyte postings ;)
NicTheQuick
Addict
Addict

Post by NicTheQuick »

What? :o Don't do this!

Just upload the file to your cloud or to every other file hoster. Then you can link to it from here.
The english grammar is freeware, you can use it freely - But it's not Open Source, i.e. you can not change it or publish it in altered way.
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

NicTheQuick wrote:What? :o Don't do this!

Just upload the file to your cloud or to every other file hoster. Then you can link to it from here.
Thats the problem, cloud or (private/public) server based storages can disappear due to many different reasons. Forum postings survive many years, including forum moves and if everything fails, you can use the waybackmachine to recover them. Whenever i see any useful sample or software on a cloud or external server, i quickly make a local backup nowadays. Too many of them suddenly disappeared during the years.
Joris
Addict
Addict

Post by Joris »

Huh... yeah a bit strange these limits, so I do it all on my own webspace for now.

Done :
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=76196
Yeah I know, but keep in mind ... Leonardo da Vinci was also an autodidact.