Create executable shortcut

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
greyhoundcode
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Create executable shortcut

Post by greyhoundcode »

Getting back into using PureBasic after a long absence, and in the intervening period I seem to have forgotten how to use the IDE effectively ;-)

Now, it so happens I'm building a set of command line tools...and I'm noting that just because that hopefully explains why I don't just use the existing Compile/Run toolbar button or else the F5 keyboard shortcut.

So, the thing is that when I want to (re-)build my executable then, via the IDE, I can of course do this: Compiler → Create Executable → [Select Target File]. But I'm lazy, that's too many clicks for me. What I really want is a button on the toolbar (like the existing Compile/Run button) or else a keyboard shortcut (just like we have F5 for Compile/Run) and I want it to remember the target filename.

In other words, I want this workflow:

- Make a change
- Recompile (and build the executable) with a single click or keystroke
- Mess around with the updated executable via my shell

Is there a way to set this up in the IDE?
Bisonte
Addict
Addict

Re: Create executable shortcut

Post by Bisonte »

I do it this way....

PureBasic 6.10 LTS (Windows x86/x64) | Windows10 Pro x64 | Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus | R9 5900X | 64GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 TI iChill X4 | HAF XF Evo | build by vannicom​​
English is not my native language... (I often use DeepL to translate my texts.)
kenmo
Addict
Addict

Post by kenmo »

As Bisonte showed, go to Preferences > General > Toolbar and add buttons as you wish.

Also, go to Preferences > General > Shortcuts too. I use Ctrl+B to Create Executable, or if I'm working in a project, Ctrl+Shift+B to Build All Targets.
greyhoundcode
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by greyhoundcode »

Thank you!