Question about Apple support

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
danwinslow
New User
New User

Question about Apple support

Post by danwinslow »

Hi Folks -
I am a purebasic newbie, although I have a lot of programming experience. I am intending to build a game client, and I wanted to have it usable on Apple as well as windows. I was wondering how well the support for Purebasic is on Apple. Does it work pretty well, will the same code work (providing I don't get fancy with windows DLL's, etc.). I do plan on using Purebasic's network support, so I hope that will translate without much problem.
All in all I'm pretty impressed with PB. Back in the day I used to code in GFA BAsic on the Atari ST line, and PM reminds me of that.

Thanks!
Joris
Addict
Addict

Re: Question about Apple support

Post by Joris »

danwinslow wrote:... Back in the day I used to code in GFA BAsic on the Atari ST line, and PM reminds me of that.
I came also from that fine GFA BAsic, but dead. Yet, PB is very very good and your Q will most probably be possible. (I'm on the way learning something similar to create).
Succes.
Yeah I know, but keep in mind ... Leonardo da Vinci was also an autodidact.
wombats
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by wombats »

It works very well, in my experience. There are some things that don't work, like the Drag and Drop library, but I've found the Network library works fine.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

wombats wrote:It works very well, in my experience. There are some things that don't work, like the Drag and Drop library, but I've found the Network library works fine.
I know i had issues with drag and drop on the 64 bit version of pb (Many quirks) but it works just fine here on the latest version of pb that I have, x86
Amateur Radio, D-STAR/VK3HAF
danwinslow
New User
New User

Post by danwinslow »

Thanks! Off to buy the latest version....
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

danwinslow wrote:Off to buy the latest version....
Technically, you'll be buying a PureBasic licence, which grants access to every version ever released.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D