Licence question

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
miskox
User
User

Licence question

Post by miskox »

I have a 'single user licence'.

I have in my head that I can install this registered version on more than one PC (being my private computers) - of course I am able to use PB on one machine at a time (I am not an octopussy). Main page (+ordering page) does (do) not give much information. Even FAQ does not cover it. I tried to find a licence agreement on the PB folder (demo version) to get more information... no luck (or I don't know where to look at). I didn't look at the registered version folders (yet).

The question (and maybe a suggestion?) is: can I install registered version on more than one computer (my own computers)? What about installing it on my work computer (I am the only user)? And the suggestion would be to include this information on PB main page (or ordering subpage), and in DEMO version - so potential buyers have all the information.

Thanks.
Saso
Axolotl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Licence question

Post by Axolotl »

Hi Saso,

you find the info you looking for in the help file.
See Section Terms And Conditions
PureBasic has an user-based license. This means you can install it on every computer you need but you can't share it between two or more people.

Please keep in mind, that different libs use there own licences. But that is for your runtime deployment.
Mostly running PureBasic <latest stable version and current alpha/beta> (x64) on Windows 11 Home
miskox
User
User

Re: Licence question

Post by miskox »

Thanks. That was quick.

Saso