TransparentSpriteColor precision

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
Neligan
New User
New User

TransparentSpriteColor precision

Post by Neligan »

Hello,

I had a problem with it, causing the transparent areas(pure green) to show on some computers. Someone on the forum suggested using black as the transparent color since black is black on every computer.

Now I would like to be sure it will correct the problem since I have to modify 300 or so images. Also, if I use 1,1,1 as black in the pictures, will it smudge on some computers and be considered black and be transparent? The prog is to be used on pcs ranging from pentiums to pentiums4 with a wide range of graphic cards.

Thank you
dontmailme
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dontmailme »

I'm not an expert on this condition..... but I can say that a lot of programs I've tried with transparent sprites display the colour on one of my systems..... and is OK on the other one !

I think it's down to the graphics cards ?!

Also make sure your sprites are correct size... i.e. 64x64 and not 65x65 !

Black seems to work better, but as I said, not an expert on the subject, just from experience with own programs....

:)
Paid up PB User !
Neligan
New User
New User

Post by Neligan »

Humm I didn't know irregular sprites would be a problem apart from when used with RotateSprite3D.

But I get those rare cases when not one of the sprites's tansparency work and it's green all over. On my PC, never had a problem. Seems to happen mostly with older graphic chipset. Some of my sprites are sized as you say, others aren't.

It's hard to test because I don't have direct access to pcs in problem.
dracflamloc
Addict
Addict

Post by dracflamloc »

Size shouldnt matter unless you are using Sprite3d
dontmailme
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dontmailme »

dracflamloc wrote:Size shouldnt matter unless you are using Sprite3d
Doh! :oops:

It was a long day ...... :shock: