heartbone's old games

Advanced game related topics
heartbone
Addict
Addict

heartbone's old games

Post by heartbone »

This is just the first of several Windows 9X programs, and one Amiga program that I intend to port to PureBasic Linux.

INTERSHIP

I do believe that Intership can be a popular program for Linux,
although in Windows it's just another game in the sea of games.

In the future I'll port this just as is to PureBasic (Windows), and I will call it v1.21.
It will be interesting to compare the existing ten year old version 1.20 with the future 1.21.

Download the linked zip file, and extract it to your desktop where you'll find one html file and one folder.
Click on the html and everything else should be obvious. You won't need to install anything.
If you don't want to read the instructions, know that after the game setup and starting the game
you can click the right mouse button to swap from mouse input, to keyboard (or to joystick).
Then you can use the easier arrow keys to move the targeting cursor and the space bar to fire your rockets.

For now Linux users can run Intership in WINE, but then there are graphics and other anomalies present.

When the Linux compiler is ready, then I'll improve Intership with better 3D graphics and network it.
Networking combined with the persistant rank system should prove to be popular
as folks attempt to become a full Fleet Admiral.
Over 10 years ago I wrote a networked real time 3-D two player tank game, EasyTank COMMBAT,
so I've "Been there, done that.", and networking Intership would be relatively trivial.
Keep it BASIC.
heartbone
Addict
Addict

Re: heartbone's old games

Post by heartbone »

Add one part ROCK, SCISSORS, PAPER to one part CAPTURE THE FLAG and one part TAG, and you get...

Already a huge exercise in logic, I decided to take the easy way out for this program
and make the implementation heavily reliant on sprite collision detection.

When something changed in XP SP3 and people's graphics drivers got updated,
this executable stoped being reliable, and I do not generally make it available, therefore no link.

I really want to recreate Two Flags in Linux, first a direct port, then into a networked three dimensional arena.

As far as I know, Two Flags remains the only 5 simultaneous players game for the PC,
although you'd have to have a Windows 9X PC for it to run correctly nowadays.
Keep it BASIC.
heartbone
Addict
Addict

Post by heartbone »

MONEYSTOCK for the AMIGA PC.
(including the origins of MoneyStock)

Due to player demand, this one will probably be the first one that I port to PureBasic.

Heck yes, the screen looks very cluttered.

But in 1994 when all that you had was a 640x200 bitmap to work with, every pixel was used for something.

Download this *only if you have a real AMIGA* because the last time that I checked,
none of the Amiga emulators will play a game all the way through without blowup,
however it has *never* blown up on a real AMIGA.

Download the 1.2 MB zip and extract it to your desktop.
Within the MoneyStock folder is a file "MoneyStock.zip" which contains all of the AMIGA stuff needed to run the game.
The MoneyStock executable by itself is 549.4 KB uncompressed and it contains all the game media including the digitized voices.
Keep it BASIC.
heartbone
Addict
Addict

Post by heartbone »

I just saw a screen dump on Wikipedia of a thirty year old machine language software demo that I wrote!
Moiré pattern in 320 horizontal pixel graphics mode. The colors are artifacts of displaying hi-res pixels which are half the size of the NTSC color clock.

Cool.

Also I've neglected to mention that access to my work was restored by the internet archive a few months back.
INTERSHIP
TWO FLAGS
MONEYSTOCK
Keep it BASIC.