PB IDE 5.30 B7 project files auto-sort

Working on new editor enhancements?
uwekel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PB IDE 5.30 B7 project files auto-sort

Post by uwekel »

Hi,

I just noticed that the project files are now automatically sorted by filename in the project tab. That is great :!:

Best regards
Uwe
PB 5.70 LTS (x64) - Debian Testing, Gnome 3.30.2
Tenaja
Addict
Addict

Re: PB IDE 5.30 B7 project files auto-sort

Post by Tenaja »

uwekel wrote:Hi,

I just noticed that the project files are now automatically sorted by filename in the project tab. That is great :!:

Best regards
Uwe
Aaaahg. And I just came here to see why my files are no longer sorted in the order I opened them, as they previously were. I DON'T want my files sorted alphabetically...now I have to manually reorganize them every time I open PB...
Barbarossa
User
User

Post by Barbarossa »

I must agree with Tenaja. This alphabet sorting is quite annoying.
It used to be possible to change the taborder afterwards in the XML .pbp projectfile. But whatever you do there gets overruled when you open the project. I now ressorted to adding numeral prefixes before the names (like 01, 02, 03 etc.). But I don't like that solution.

Best thing to do is to make this optional: Alphabetic or Last know positions.

John
STARGÅTE
Addict
Addict

Post by STARGÅTE »

Barbarossa wrote:Best thing to do is to make this optional: Alphabetic or Last know positions.
+1

If the project is closed, the order of the tabs also saved in the project file and restored if you open the project.
PB 6.01 ― Win 10, 21H2 ― Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB ― NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 ― Vivaldi 6.0 ― www.unionbytes.de
Lizard - Script language for symbolic calculations and moreTypeface - Sprite-based font include/module
Barbarossa
User
User

Post by Barbarossa »

If the project is closed, the order of the tabs also saved in the project file and restored if you open the project.
Nope, that doesn't work (on 5.31 x86). It always ressorts back to alphabetic order.

John