Has anyone got the built in GLib API functions working?

Linux specific forum
Iria
User
User

Has anyone got the built in GLib API functions working?

Post by Iria »

Hiya,

Ive got a working installation of PB on Mandrake 10 and RedHat 9 and I can do most things (working around the current known bugs).

But there is one bug I cannot get around and that is the 'RunProgram' bug, i.e. the command not supporting wait till exit. Well anyway Id like to use the Glib built in command API to get around this ideally using clone or fork to spawn a process.

Now with the windows version it all pretty much worked out the box Gettickcount_() and presto I have what I want, the same isnt true for the linux version most of the GTK and GDK and GLib stuff seems broken or missing, even taking into account that the published PB version states it only supports version 1.2 and not GTK+2.0 which is where most of the linux world is right now (especially if you want drag and drop like me :/ ). Anyway I digress, Ive looked in my purelibraries directory and the GDK, GTK libraries seem to be in place, my installation is in /usr/share/purebasic although I have tried using $PUREBASIC_HOME env var to set it to a specific location on both distributions without luck. I have a working version of gcc 3.3, working version of GTK and GDK as I can run some of the sample applications (gadgetfull.pb and SDL.pb) however if I try to run linuxAPI.pb I get no new executable but no errors in the compilation ... nothing at all..

Am I missing some unknown not documented trick? Do I need to do anything more than I am? Is my distribution choice the reason? Is it because Im using gcc 3.3?

Any help much appreiciated as nearly all of us will want to or need to use the linux API at some point (even if its for simple stuff like chmod, or get cwd etc..) as workarounds or simply to offer true linux like application behaviour. Ive posted some linux errors in the bug section of the forum before now and not really had much luck getting a response.

Happy to try any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Christian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Christian »

Hi Ira!

The linux API thing is already reported. Because most people can't use it. We don't know why ...
If you want to use the GTK 2.0 library you have to include with the library functions of PB. I think this can't be such a problem. But I also hope that it will be included or better said: supported in the next version of linux. We will see ...

That you got no answer in the bug area also might be that there are no code snippets to know ere the bug might be. Perhaps you should add some in your topics. (except the Round() topic, because as you recognized it's already supported that the function is missing)

regards,
Christian