PB 5.41 IDE design issues

Working on new editor enhancements?
uwekel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PB 5.41 IDE design issues

Post by uwekel »

Hi,

the latest release has so many layout design bugs, that is has become totally ugly. In most cases it is caused by labels which have word-breaks where they are not necessary. The preferences dialog cannot be used on small netbooks anymore, because the dialog button are outside the screen.

I seriously want to know, whether you are going to repair this soon, or you think that it is not that importent and will most likely not repairing this in the near future?

:? Uwe
PB 5.70 LTS (x64) - Debian Testing, Gnome 3.30.2
uwekel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PB 5.41 IDE design issues

Post by uwekel »

What i found out so far is that resizing is different between GTK2, GTK3 and Windows. Try this tiny program and check the label border on different systems.

Code: Select all

OpenWindow(0, 0, 0, 200, 200, "Test", #PB_Window_SystemMenu | #PB_Window_Normal | #PB_Window_ScreenCentered | #PB_Window_SizeGadget)
TextGadget(0, 0, 0, 100, 32, "This is a test string with or without line break", #PB_Text_Border)
Repeat
Until WaitWindowEvent() =  #PB_Event_CloseWindow
Here is how it looks with GTK2:
The label wraps the text but the gadget will not be resized.

Here is how it looks with GTK3:
The label wraps text as well, but resizes the label.

My guess for Windows is, that the label does not wrap by default, but the gadget will be auto-resized in width. Maybe someone can confirm this.

My proposal is to make the behaviour on Linux the same like on Windows. Maybe PB can call the

Code: Select all

gtk_label_set_line_wrap_(gadget, false)
immediatly after creating a new Label gadget.
PB 5.70 LTS (x64) - Debian Testing, Gnome 3.30.2