pb problems in Linux

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
jack
Addict
Addict

pb problems in Linux

Post by jack »

I placed the purebasic folder in the home directory and navigated into the compiler directory and double-clicked on purebasic, the IDE launched and I was able to compile a couple of examples, but after exiting pb and launching pb again pb complains that the compiler isn't loaded yet, restart the compiler has no effect and closing and opening the IDE doesn't work either.
I then deleted ~/.purebasic and placed pbcompiler in /usr/bin and the entire purebasic folder in /usr/share and then tried again to run purebasic and still get "compiler isn't loaded yet.
I was able to compile from the terminal but had to use sudo or pb would give "Loading external modules...
Error: Can't load OS libraries, please re-install PureBasic."
also when compiling from the IDE and get an assembler error the dialog is so tiny you can't see anything of the message.

I don't know how I can report this without being perceived as a complainer, my intent is only to report a problem.
I don't use Linux much so it's no big deal for me.

tested under linux mint 17.3 x64, PB 5.42 LTS x64
jack
Addict
Addict

Re: pb problems in Linux

Post by jack »

happy to report that PB works well under ubuntu, with a small hiccup on first launch where the IDE panes were messed up but subsequently works ok.
Keya
Addict
Addict

Post by Keya »

Linux Mint is the only Linux ive ever used PB on but i've never had any problems
i actually run my PB from /Desktop/ which im guessing is bad form but PB is all i use Linux for anyway so its not toooo cluttered :P
so maybe try a quick copy over from /usr/bin/ to Desktop. I take it /usr/bin/ would be the normal place to put it though? (nix newb here)
ts-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by ts-soft »

You should install pb to:
/home/_user_/purebasic and not to Desktop!
_user_ is to replace with your Username, for example /home/keya/purebasic.
PureBasic 5.73 | SpiderBasic 2.30 | Windows 10 Pro (x64) | Linux Mint 20.1 (x64)
Old bugs good, new bugs bad! Updates are evil: might fix old bugs and introduce no new ones.