Application:Vector Icon designer

Share your advanced PureBasic knowledge/code with the community.
yrreti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Application:Vector Icon designer

Post by yrreti »

Null, sadly he may have moved on, or given up on this, because his last 'forum post' was on May 30th
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

See next post
Last edited by collectordave on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Hi All

Just picking up my old threads after an unavoidable absense.

Is anyone still interested in this?

If so I will repost the old dropbox link and start to debug\extend the application and help file.

Kind Regards

collectordave
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
infratec
Always Here
Always Here

Post by infratec »

Still interested, but also still have problems with the usage.

When I see arrow down on the main canvas and open the Icon view window I see nothing.
Even when all checkboxes are marked.

Bernd
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Hi infratec,

Good to see there is some interest.

Time to come clean. just back and looking at what i coded. Fired it up and my first thought was "what do i do now?". So need to work on the interface. If you can bear with me for just a short while i will revamp the whole thing starting with the main form.

Will post new link in first post when ready.

Kind regards

Dave
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Hi All,

Started again and as promised a new link posted.

This is with a new interface as even I found the older one a little confusing after all this time.

It is important to realise that when loading an icon you are not loading an image from the disc but you are loading drawing commands from a database.

That said the new version just has Load and display programmed so far. If the interface is Ok I will start adding the drawing and editing code and repost.

Kind Regards

collectordave
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Hi All

Just posted new lcode to link on first post.

First to answer some of the points.

andre wrote
- make the drawing area as big as possible/senseful, and then scale down to the required icon sizes (16x16 and 32x32, maybe 64x64 and 128x128 too)
- support automatic saving of all designed icons (maybe only the selected ones, by offering a selectable list of all) in different formats
- include localization of the GUI, which ideally is resizable (e.g. PureLust's great DynamicDialogs)
The drawing area is five times 128 and it is this image that is scaled down to icon sizes 128 X 128, 64 X 64, 48 X 48, 32 X 32 and 16 X 16.

Drawn elements are automatically saved to the current drawing but not the database as yet looking at some idea of saving when closeing the programme or if a new icon is loaded or created.

Localisation. Argh all I can say is I am looking at it.

infratec wrote:-
'Shapes'->'View Icons' (Don't know waht it do, I see only some checkboxes)
Mark one checkbox and press 'Save'

Also you have no chance to leave the window without 'Save' -> not good.
-> Error in Line 130 Image is not initialized
Bug removed. You can now leave the window by clicking a button.

The other bits are now mute as I have changed the interface somewhat.

Ok now where I am. The programme works and allows you to draw icons with Arcs,Boxes, Circles etc still working on text and paths. some icons added to the database to test.

The display routine accepts text and paths and draws icons correctly these can be seen when loaded just need drawing routines.

Icons are now saved as .PNG files only.

All elements of an icon can now be edited separately including colour, transparency thickness etc then the icon redrawn before saving so tweaking can be done.

Help file started and included.

Still working on it.

Enjoy

collectordave
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Updated app posted link in first post.

This update introduces the idea of shapes which can be any combination of vector drawing functions to produce a shape which can then be included in any icon.

These commands should be in a procedure format and be totally scaleable so no finite co-ordinates in there. A couple of examples are in the code.

Cheers

collectordave
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Application updated to produce both the coloured icon and a greyscale disabled version. Both as .PNG images in the selected sizes.

Cheers

cd
captain_skank
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by captain_skank »

Hi,

Tried this today, crashes looking for SaveIcons.pbi - which is not included in the download.

Cheers
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Hi

Removed saveicons.pbi for the moment must have left the include statement in. SORRY.

Updated link with save icons removed.

collectordave
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

New Link posted.

All basic elements now ready for adding and edit including paths, Lines and arcs only so far.

More shapes added and a few icon designs included.

Help file updated to include the adding and editing of elements.

Regards

cd
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Major rework of the programme. details as follows.

1. All shapes are now externalised from the programme so no code in the programme to create a shape.

2. Shape designer added as separate programme run from main window menu. This allows shapes to be designed and once designed and saved are available immediately from the main menu system.

3. Shapes can be single coloured or multicoloured and each element can be set to allow the user to set a colour when inserting the shape into an icon, only a single colour can be set. Other colours can be assigned in the shape designer and fixed.

4. Support added for dash and dot path and other path options.

5. Drawpath now allows the drawing of lines and arcs again with all the path options.

6. Initial options dialogues removed options for each element\shape now set on main screen before clicking the start button to start the drawing sequence. After drawing elements can be individually edited, you can get some weird and wonderfull effects.

Still working on some form of arc based on the addpathcircle command. Been adding icons drawn by myself imitating the icons in the LittleJohn post referenced in first post. Working on updateing the help file.

Needs testing but please use and let me know of any problems.

Regards

cd
jack
Addict
Addict

Post by jack »

thank you collectordave :D
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Path command updated to allow the drawing of arcs,curves and lines in any combination for shapes and icons.

Looking at the programme now does anyone want a localised version? If so I will make a start.

cd