Purebasic 5.70 Beta 4 on Windows 10 Pro, Surface Book HDPI

Working on new editor enhancements?
Ajm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Purebasic 5.70 Beta 4 on Windows 10 Pro, Surface Book HDPI

Post by Ajm »

Hi,

With the latest beta version of 5.70 and the DPI aware setting, all toolbars are still displaying small icons in built apps.
This also happens in the Purebasic IDE. My screen resolution is 3000 x 2000 at 200% scaling and the IDE looks like this:-

Currently I have to use the IDE with compatibility settings changed to override the DPI scaling with the setting of system.

Is there a way to fix these toolbars?
Regards

Andy

Registered PB & PureVision User
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Purebasic 5.70 Beta 4 on Windows 10 Pro, Surface Book HD

Post by Fred »

Icons are not automatically scaled, as you could use hi-res version. The IDE doesn't support large icon toolbar for now, but built app could support it (either by a flag or by checking the current DPI ratio)
Ajm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Ajm »

HI Fred,

Will the toolbar in the IDE support HiDpi screens soon. I'm still finding it very difficult to use PB IDE with DPI 175% on my surface book.

Currently I'm using the dpi override settings in the windows properties tab for the PB IDE. This causes other issues like disappearing toolbar icons when debugging etc.

Regards

Andy
Regards

Andy

Registered PB & PureVision User
AndyH
New User
New User

Post by AndyH »

I'm on a surface tablet with a high DPI and have the same problem in the demo version of PB - just started trialling the software. The icons are about 3mm wide on the screen.

How / where can I find the DPI override settings you mention? Is this issue fixed in the full version of PB?