Tetirs 2

Advanced game related topics
Papala
User
User

Tetirs 2

Post by Papala »

Hello, after the bitmapfont easing and sprite engine modules, it's time to try to make a game with it and see if that really work.... And the answer is.... not really :-/

Well first of all here is The game and the sources

So what was wrong with the modules ?

1) Easing module use a postevent to signal the end of an ease... That's a bad idea, the event come many frame after he was posted... so is posted many time, well easy to find another way but just know it, that don't work at all.

2) We can't mix 3d engine and 2d library, so switch the bitmapfont to the sprite engine, not a big stuff here again.

3) Sprite engine....
2 camera overlaped can't avec an alphablend background, so the view system is unusable.
SetRenderQueue don't realy work with mesh, so the Zorder system is unusable.
CreateRenderTexture is forced to have a camerabackcollor black, so here again no alphablend : can't use this as surface.
Screen AutoStretch don't work if you resize the window with engine3d, must restart for a resolution modification :-/

Because their's no easy wait to get the #pb_key number of the last pressed key, i didn't do the key remaping i wanted to do, so for player 1 move is "okl;" rotation "a z" hold space, player2 move is arrow rotation "numapd 7 and 8" hold "numpad 9" or xinput controler.

Have fun. For me, I'll just stop trying to make game with PB, that's not what he's designed for and it's easy to fell it.
Mijikai
Addict
Addict

Re: Tetirs 2

Post by Mijikai »

Papala wrote:...
I'll just stop trying to make game with PB, that's not what he's designed for and it's easy to fell it.
I also thought that but then i decided to write my own 2D library/engine and i cant wait to code a game with it.
Its worth it i think :wink: