Application:Vector Icon designer

Share your advanced PureBasic knowledge/code with the community.
electrochrisso
Addict
Addict

Re: Application:Vector Icon designer

Post by electrochrisso »

Not sure if I need to use the Shape Designer.exe, but can you also include a 32bit version too.
Cheers,
Chris
PureBasic! Purely one of the best 8)
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Ah sorry didn't post the code for the shape designer so you can compile your own.

Will post as soon as I can.

regards

cd
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
electrochrisso
Addict
Addict

Post by electrochrisso »

collectordave wrote:Ah sorry didn't post the code for the shape designer so you can compile your own.

Will post as soon as I can.
8) Thanks cd
PureBasic! Purely one of the best 8)
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Shape designer code posted

cd
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Thanks to wolfram.

Code added to remove the sometimes ugly black lines on the finished icons.

regards

cd
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Hi All

Just an update.

Adding code to the designer to create .DVG files. Scaleable icons hopefully to be used cross platform.

Added code to allow an image to be loaded for copying as well.

Mainly for the toolbar wizard. Allows icons to be designed on the fly and used in a toolbar and will also allow the toolbar wizard to be DPI aware.

.DVG image viewer programmed just adding scaleing and putting it in a module.

Anyone interested?

Regards

CD
jack
Addict
Addict

Post by jack »

I am very interested, DPI awareness is essential nowadays :)
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

Sounds very interesting, so me too :D

Anything which could be used to easily draw vector icons, ideally based on / converted from loaded images, and saved in a re-usable vector drawing descriptions (.dvg?) would be very welcome and I'm interested to try...
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Hi All

I have the rasterizer done very rough code in a project called "Dumb Vector Graphics" you can download it here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/92hccxkhiacfz ... s.zip?dl=0

Remember rough code compiled on Win 7.0 PB 5.7 not tried on Linux or mac yet but should work.

This is just a viewer. You have two options:-

1. Scale. This is a figure for how many pixels to use, default 128, enter an integer here such as 16 or 35.
2. Enabled. When checked this will draw the icon in it's enabled state unchecked then disabled state.

Each colour in the icon is individually converted to greyscale for the disabled icon so no flat grey.

After entering Scale and selecting enable select the file to display (I have included about 60 in the download) and it will be displayed on the canvas.

Only in pixels at the moment but of course DPI scaling depends on the monitor so for a 100dpi monitor a 5mm icon will be about 20 pixels.

Let me know whay you think.

Kind Regards

CD

PS Just noticed one added shape not drawn correctly problem with encoder not viewer. Flip coordinates not working. Have fixed will be in next down load. (load and Save documents)
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Just an update and request.

I have recoded the shape designer.

A shape can be a whole icon or just a small part of an icon. e.g. if a shape is created for a document and plus, minus and disk shapes then adding the document shape to an icon then the Plus shape creates an icon for add document. Same for delete save etc. There is no need to create disabled icons as each colour used is preserved and when disabled each colour can be individually converted to its greyscale equivalent.

I have started to use JSON to save shapes into a database and it seems to work, each element of a shape is converted to a JSON string and stored.

It has occurred to me that icons are the same so is it better to use JSON for the DVG format or as now XML?

The code is very much in the alpha stage at the moment but if anyone would like to help improve the code or this part of the programme I will post a link to the code as is.