Editor/Compiler Help!!!

Working on new editor enhancements?
c128/64basicyes
New User
New User

Editor/Compiler Help!!!

Post by c128/64basicyes »

well i programmed a program, it ran, so i saved program, then later i came back, ran it again, it didn't run, so compiled it again, it still wouldn't run, i tried other programs that i knew ran, none of them run now, WHAT IS THE ANSWER, nothing works now, WHAT IS THE ANSWER, HOW DO I MAKE THEM RUN NOW, HOW DOES THIS COMPILER/EDITOR WORK?
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Re: Editor/Compiler Help!!!

Post by BarryG »

Load the source code that you saved, then press F5 to run it. Tell us what happens, and I mean exactly: what error messages? Can you post screenshots? Post the code here so we can look at it.

And if you don't know how the compiler/editor works, why haven't you read the manual?
c128/64basicyes
New User
New User

nothing happens, it just doesn't run, it just sits and looks the same as if i had not run it.

if you mean manual as the pdf file file purebaic.pdf, oh i guess i should read it, for the tenth or twentieth time!!

the only way i can get my programs to run again, is by unistalling purebasic, and reinstalling it.
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

I think its a virus scanner problem ...

disable this for testing or create an exception rule in virus scanner!

And set compiler option -> Create temporary executable in the source directory
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
c128/64basicyes
New User
New User

can find no listing of a virus scanner
AMpos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by AMpos »

Try disabling temnporaly your visurs scanner, just to isolate the problem...
c128/64basicyes
New User
New User

cannot do as you asked, i have virus scanner attached to internet connection, not to programs running on computer, i can turn it on and check programs running on the computer, but it will only do that if i tell it to do that on a System scan, maybe once a week.
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

You still didn't answer with your code, or a screenshot of the result. Even better: try to record a desktop video from start to "error". We need to see what's happening. We're not mind-readers.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

c128/64basicyes wrote:cannot do as you asked, i have virus scanner attached to internet connection, not to programs running on computer, i can turn it on and check programs running on the computer, but it will only do that if i tell it to do that on a System scan, maybe once a week.
Virus scanners are not attached to programs or internet connections, they are installed on a computer and then manage the scanning for software and internet connections. Either you use the default one (Windows defender) which does scanning in the background from time to time or can be told to do 'real-time-scanning" but it WILL stop (many times) PureBasic and other programs stating it is malware.

Then there are free ones which give you scanning capabilities all the time and the commercial ones which give you limited scanning capabilities and limit the real time scanning to as you say "turn it on".

I use MalwareBytes and while it is good at its job, it flagged PureBasic (and the latest Firefox!!) as MALWARE and removed the EXE without even asking.

You have to find the antivirus program that you use (Give us the name of the antivirus program and we can help you) and find the relevant section in the program to EXCLUDE the PureBasic.EXE file from further scans (or even the entire folder).
Amateur Radio, D-STAR/VK3HAF
c128/64basicyes
New User
New User

code runs fine, no error, the first time code is run, then upon next running and millionth running, still fine, but if i recompile, nothing happens, and then if i try to rerun, nothing happens, have reinstall pb to make it work again
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

Which code is compiled? Example code!
Does code work via debugger?

Where to create your application. It is not compiled into the Purbasic directory, otherwise important files will be overwritten.

This does not work as Compiled as App...

Code: Select all

; This does not work without debugger mode
Procedure foo()
  Protected r1
  r1 = MessageRequester("Questions", "Yes or No", #PB_MessageRequester_YesNo)
  ProcedureReturn r1
EndProcedure

Debug foo()
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive