[Survey] Features of a good Visual designer.

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
Mohsen

Re: [Survey] Features of a good Visual designer.

Post by Mohsen »

blueb wrote:Since most programming uses databases of some sort... don't forget about the 'excellent' VB data-aware gadgets provided for databases.

It was nice to be able to link gadgets to a database when building forms, etc.
@blueb :Sorry for the late response, I was involved in another project.
A different idea is worth thinking about.Thanks
User avatar
Kuron
Addict
Addict
Posts: 1394
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:51 pm
Location: Nashville

Re: [Survey] Features of a good Visual designer.

Post by Kuron »

I have never been able to get along with the GUI designer in PB, which also severely limits my usage of PB. Ed, used to have a really good GUI designer which I got along with, many years back, but it has long since been discontinued and is incompatible.
User avatar
ChrisR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:27 pm
Location: France

Re: [Survey] Features of a good Visual designer.

Post by ChrisR »

Mohsen wrote:If I understand correctly, in short, you need the following features.

1- load & save ability based on the Templates like (xml) .....
Mohsen wrote:Implementing load and save based on xml templates is easy.I have already implemented it.the most important functions to help with this
  • ExtractXMLStructure
  • InsertXMLStructure
in addition to Load & Save, it might be interesting to have an option to include (or add) an xml Template, at any given time.
Such as for example:
Address_Template.xml with 1st Name, Last Name, address, city, country... with the interface of this object group already designed.

And optionally an other option to save a selection or a group of objects in a new xml template, for a future use.
Mohsen

Re: [Survey] Features of a good Visual designer.

Post by Mohsen »

ChrisR wrote: in addition to Load & Save, it might be interesting to have an option to include (or add) an xml Template, at any given time.
Such as for example:
Address_Template.xml with 1st Name, Last Name, address, city, country... with the interface of this object group already designed.

And optionally an other option to save a selection or a group of objects in a new xml template, for a future use.
Hi Chris
That is a good idea . The feature you want is actually the same as Export (Project or Template) and Open (Project or Template). It is now available in Amitris but I have not activated it yet. besides that, I have added the ability to add (images, keywords and category) for make templates. So when searching for templates installed in the software, you can easily find the desired your template among dozens of templates.
User avatar
mk-soft
Addict
Addict
Posts: 3201
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 6:51 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [Survey] Features of a good Visual designer.

Post by mk-soft »

I did not like the event management of PB FromDesigner. Especially if you have created multiple forms.

So I wrote myself an event management tool which creates code in the style of VB6, even with multiple forms from FormDesigner without conflicts. Also for later changes of the forms.

See signature EventDesigner.
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / OOP-BaseClassDispatch / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.70 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace
Mohsen

Re: [Survey] Features of a good Visual designer.

Post by Mohsen »

mk-soft wrote:I did not like the event management of PB FromDesigner. Especially if you have created multiple forms.

So I wrote myself an event management tool which creates code in the style of VB6, even with multiple forms from FormDesigner without conflicts. Also for later changes of the forms.

See signature EventDesigner.
Yes Yes I have seen your useful tool before. Of course, it may be easier to manage the events I am considering.
Thanks.
User avatar
ChrisR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:27 pm
Location: France

Re: [Survey] Features of a good Visual designer.

Post by ChrisR »

Mohsen wrote: That is a good idea . The feature you want is actually the same as Export (Project or Template) and Open (Project or Template). It is now available in Amitris but I have not activated it yet. besides that, I have added the ability to add (images, keywords and category) for make templates. So when searching for templates installed in the software, you can easily find the desired your template among dozens of templates.
Perfect, you're ahead of future requests :D
All look great on paper, I hope you'll find a good solution for managing the containers (Maybe with Stargate's help or partly on my idea or...)
Good continuation
oyster
User
User
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:07 pm

Re: [Survey] Features of a good Visual designer.

Post by oyster »

we can layout the widgets by coordinates and grids
the `autolayout` is a good way, for example https://github.com/khchen/wNim
Post Reply