Documentation: distribute html files or sources

Got an idea for enhancing PureBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
DarkDragon
Addict
Addict

Documentation: distribute html files or sources

Post by DarkDragon »

Hello,

I'd like to have the documentation html files delivered with each PureBasic/SpiderBasic version (e.g. in some "html_doc/{de,en,fr}" subdirectory of the PUREBASIC_HOME). Would that be possible? This way we can use them in a unique way without having to manage the different formats of each platform. I do not want to connect to a server to get these html files, especially because it might not the correct one for the specific version.

[EDIT]
Danilo gave me this link: http://svn.purebasic.fr:8080/websvn/lis ... Public+SVN
I would also be fine with such parsable sources if not HTML. This would be style independent and probably even better. However they are outdated and you cannot get the matching sources for a specific PureBasic version easily, so I would prefer it being delivered together with the PureBasic installation.

Kind regards,
Daniel
Last edited by DarkDragon on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Documentation: distribute html files or sources

Post by Denis »

DarkDragon wrote: Danilo gave me this link: http://svn.purebasic.fr:8080/websvn/lis ... Public+SVN
I would also be fine with such parsable sources. This would be style independent and probably even better. However they are outdated and you cannot get the matching sources for a specific PureBasic version easily.

Kind regards,
Daniel
I don't think it's a good idea to log elswhere to get all avalaible doc except to old versions.
it would be useful to be able to get one or more help files from installation.
A+
Denis
DarkDragon
Addict
Addict

Post by DarkDragon »

Denis wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to log elswhere to get all avalaible doc except to old versions.
it would be useful to be able to get one or more help files from installation.
Exactly, that's what I meant. I want it to be distributed with every PureBasic version. Either as html or as such parsable sources like those in the SVN repo (it doesn't contain the html files), but I wouldn't want to find a matching version online, as this cannot be done automatically. I've now tried to make it clear in the first post.
bye,
Daniel
Denis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Denis »

DarkDragon ,
I misunderstood you! :?
A+
Denis