W10 : destroy the runtime broker process

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Olli
Addict
Addict

W10 : destroy the runtime broker process

Post by Olli »

Hello, since a few days I have a boring window which invades my screen as if I typed F1 every second. It is a page which tells me << It seems that you are not connected. Please set the parameters options etc... >>

Sure I am not connected : I never have been connected, excepted one time, to update a version which is not infected as the built-in version.

Now, after x months, W10 really wants to me to connect the device to the net. Problem : I do not want it !

How to remove this f... help which is invading my desktop, saying me << I am not connected etc... Switch the wifi on etc... >>.

When I close the window, the help window reappears again and again.

When I destroy the help process, this help window reappears, again and again...

Which process, or option, can I search to remove this very disturbing W10 bug ?
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Re: W10 : destroy the runtime broker process

Post by Demivec »

Researching this question on the internet brings the following suggestion: Go to Settings\System\Notifications & actions, turn off Get notifications from apps and other senders.

This should turn off any and all notifications, not just the one that is bothering you.

I wish you luck.
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

It is already turned off...
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

Okay : the problem disappears when my battery has more than 15% of energy. Any idea ?
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

It's because you logged in to the PC as an online user account (to get that one update). Changing it back to an offline/local user account should stop it, but you might lose all your current user settings and files (because it's a new profile).

Otherwise, try disabling the router/wi-fi in Device Manager, so Windows doesn't see that you've got one.
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

Can someone explain to me why the battery charger of my drill, which also charges my computer, now has its LEDs which are synchronized with the read/write of the internal SSD memory of my computer (exactly as the old LED of the harddrive) ?
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

That sounds weird (and amazing!). Can you post a video showing it? Would love to see it.
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

If I could do it, I do this so !
I can record a short video, that is sure. Maybe if you have an email, I can send this video if GMail allows it to do.

But in the global way, I think it is a bad new for me : the battery level shows ever 99% and if I unplug the power wire, the computer shut absolutely and immediatly down !

1) either my computer battery is broken (after only 3 cycles !!!)

2) either a fuse in the computer has burnt

3) either the battery is in a safety mode : this is the less bad new, because I am able to repair this, but the 99% value makes me angry to this way. Normally, I should see 0% or 1%.

I already thank you for you first helps above, even if I cannot do a step up through the W10.

I am not very enthousiast by changing the session from online to local mode : first, I don't want to loose my datas, and also my OS options which were hard to set initially.
Second, I want to keep the ability to connect to Microsoft in the future. It is not a pirated version : nothing misses to be honest, I just chose only the unique and most serious update of Microsoft in the terms of safety, and worked offline since.

Anyway, I will record a short movie in the way you are interested by this strange event. The behaviour of the LEDs (red and green) seems to be exactly like a harddrive LED : if I move the mouse, if I open a window, if the OS is rebooting, the red LED of the drill charger twinkles, while the green LED of the same charger do the logical opposite status of the red LED.

There is other intensity states between light on and light off, but I suppose it is because the frequency of the twinkle is just very high !
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

I made a 48 seconds movie. The mp4 file is sized of 98 megabytes.
It is right that it is very special. I now use the battery of my drill to keep the computer on !!!
If the drill battery is nested on its loader, all the source energy is used to reload the battery and the LEDs do not twinkle.

The strange event appears when I remove the drill battery and keep the loader plugged on the power source on one side, and plugged to the computer on the other side.

If you want to get and publish the movie file, I can send it through my smartphone via gmail (I do not know if a 100mb file is exchangeable).
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

Olli wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:35 pmI made a 48 seconds movie. The mp4 file is sized of 98 megabytes.
If you re-convert it using Handbrake, the size should drop a lot. Then upload the new smaller video on imgur.com for us to see.
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

I am not very interested by imgur... Sorry ! Thanks to ArS (french forum moderator) to host the GIF.
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

I would like to say you it seems to be a hardware problem.
Laptops have a strange problem which occurs years after years : the wires of the internal keyboard receive the radiofrequency rays.

It is the 2nd laptop which has this problem. The 1st one (11 years old) typed randomly on the keyboard when a Mercedes approached it.

And now the 2nd one types "F1" randomly for a radio environment I did not analyzed. What it causes the described problem on the top of page. It forbides me to get the character '1' (european keyboard) by pressing the left shift key and by typing the '1&' key.

It seems that when I execute this code below, the problem disappears until the next reboot. This code is just a code to display the keys which cause me problem.

Thank you, and if you have any ideas or suggestings, I am ready to learn about it.

Code: Select all

InitSprite()
InitKeyboard()
ExamineDesktops()
dw = DesktopWidth(0)
dh = DesktopHeight(0)
OpenScreen(dw, dh, 32, "")
Repeat
 ExamineKeyboard()
 Delay(1)
 ClearScreen(0)
 If StartDrawing(ScreenOutput() )
  If KeyboardPushed(#PB_Key_F1)
   DrawText(0, 0, "F1", #White)
  EndIf
  If KeyboardPushed(#PB_Key_LeftShift)
   DrawText(0, 16, "LShift", #White)
  EndIf
  If KeyboardPushed(#PB_Key_1)
    DrawText(0, 32, "1", #White)
  EndIf
  StopDrawing()
 EndIf
 FlipBuffers()
Until KeyboardPushed(#PB_Key_Escape)
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

pussy31 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:54 pm I think it's already turned off.
Turn it off and on again spambot.