speed hack ?

Advanced game related topics
skinkairewalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

speed hack ?

Post by skinkairewalker »

hello everyone !
I was studying memory injection and modification algorithms.
and I wondered how I would make a client protection method in any game I make on Purebasic, has anyone done something to protect the game or have any idea how to do it?
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Re: speed hack ?

Post by Caronte3D »

It's a lost battle, for years every video game company try to protect theirs games without success.

Better focus on making a good game than a crack-proof one :wink:

I used Enigma Protector in the past, take a look if you want a protection against novice crackers
Kiffi
Addict
Addict

Post by Kiffi »

Caronte3D wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:51 amBetter focus on making a good game than a crack-proof one
+1
Hygge
skinkairewalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by skinkairewalker »

Awesome, thanks by tips guys :D
Lindsay
New User
New User

Post by Lindsay »

This is a difficult question and there is no clear answer. Cheaters oddly enough do not want to play with cheaters like themselves. Most of them want to get an advantage over the average player through non-game methods. It will be difficult to allocate them separate server-reserves, they will always seek to break into the general community. However, I agree that cheating as a phenomenon has a positive effect on the development of many areas, such as security or modding. However, I believe that a lot of great games have been ruined precisely because the scale of cheating exceeded all reasonable limits for normal players and provoked their withdrawal from the game and the death of the game itself.
Best regards
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

Welcome to the forums, Ragnorrk and Lindsay! How long have you been coding in PureBasic?
Opcode
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Opcode »

If it's an offline game then there's not much incentive for a player to "cheat" other than solely self amusement. If it's an online/multiplayer game where one is looking for an advantage over another. The best way to is to run checks server side. Never give the client too much control over the game as client side logic will always be broken. Server side logic (if written properly) cannot be broken. You can always do simple checks client side like checking if memory values are outside of a set range etc (e.g. if max movement speed limit is say "10" and it's somehow "20" then someone's cheating). However it's only a matter of time that someone figures out how to bypass those checks. Again, the server has absolute power if you give it that.