My 3D game project

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
KayBur
User
User

Re: My 3D game project

Post by KayBur »

StarBootics wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:15 pm
KayBur wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:42 am You are doing everything right. the best way to learn something new is to try it out in practice. Knowledge of theory alone is not enough, you need practical skills. Of course, a beginner will most likely not be able to implement the generation of random waypoints.
I'm not really a beginner at programming with PureBasic. I have started somewhere in July 2003 and I was thinking about this project since then. I have learn how to program for this particular project and this project only nut. But the journey took me to other programming projects along the way.

Best regards
StarBootics
I meant that the implementation of some projects can only turn a fairly experienced programmer in a novice, because it happens the subtleties that did not come across before. I had a similar one. Although experience with the programming language helped to quickly master such subtleties.
StarBootics
Addict
Addict

Post by StarBootics »

Hello everyone,

I just spent 2-1/2 hours tracking down a bug and finally got it. That being said it's not easy when you can't rely on the debugger to tell you where to look. Since this project is very big the IDE crashes when I compile with the debugger active. So I have to add many MessageRequester() and run the program trying find where the bug was. Doing this is not an elegant solution but it's working.

That bug out of the way I can resume the development work.

Best regards
StarBootics
The Stone Age did not end due to a shortage of stones !
IceSoft
Addict
Addict

Post by IceSoft »

StarBootics wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:45 pm Hello everyone,

I just spent 2-1/2 hours tracking down a bug and finally got it. That being said it's not easy when you can't rely on the debugger to tell you where to look. Since this project is very big the IDE crashes when I compile with the debugger active. So I have to add many MessageRequester() and run the program trying find where the bug was. Doing this is not an elegant solution but it's working.

That bug out of the way I can resume the development work.

Best regards
StarBootics
OnError is not working?
Belive!
<Wrapper>4PB, PB<game>, =QONK=, PetriDish, Movie2Image, PictureManager,...
Jasperleo654
New User
New User

Post by Jasperleo654 »

It's my first time here, so hello everyone. I've read them all. Everyone has contributed their work here. Your efforts are commendable. To learn a new skill, it is imperative to practice it in a bad bunny merch real-life situation. Just learning theory won't suffice, practical skills are required. Obviously, a beginner cannot easily implement a waypoint generation system.