PureBasic Portable 1.55 (win)

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.30 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

1.30 offers nothing of significance other than an option added to remove the root directory calculation that happens every 10 seconds. Just in case your PureBasic Portable directory is ever that vastly large.

A bunch of polish on the pbp.pb file itself.

I am out of ideas at this point, but since February 1st when I started this project it has been haunting my mind day and night so I am always staring at the code and playing around with it (even in my imagination when not at the computer).
Perhaps it is an unhealthy obsession.

I think I have had reasonable results though and I am happy there are some that find it useful.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.31 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

To comply with what the help section says "A program executed with #PB_Program_Open must be closed with CloseProgram()."
I over looked this for all this time. It never seemed to effect anything in a negative way. Perhaps because the compiler is designed to close communications after spitting out the version header?
Perhaps in other situations failing to call CloseProgram(x) would cause problems.

But trying to make this as clean coded and error free as possible, I added a CloseProgram(x) after each version query with the compilers.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.33 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

1.33 Has an improved way to test if a PureBasic version is already installed or not. Pretty much bulletproof I think.
it now will extract everything it needs at launch but the 'merge_dir' is empty. you will have to look at 1.31 if you want the stuff I used to include in the merge_dir
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.34 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

Just added some {app} folder cleanup in some situations as pressing the close box of the console or declining the TAC, or it finding a match and auto canceling.
if you press close while extraction is happening however, the {app} folder gets renamed and a partial install that looks valid to the launcher will exist.
trying to start it will of course give you an error that it could not start so you will have to remove that failed install before choosing to install that version again.

It was either try to handle the close button or disable it. I sort of feel like a console close button should always exist.

perhaps there is a way to do polling of the data and use a window instead? maybe I will try that in future and if successful I will transition the install routine.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.35 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

Rewrote the installer and uninstaller code.
No GUI. they are both console now. I think it is cleaner and faster this way.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.36 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

I was having a boat load of odd things going on while producing this version that left me wondering if previous versions were prone to the same problems.
Self extraction stopped working at some point, figured that one out. Had a really strange thing with a compile that refused to launch at all, that I can only guess was the mutex to blame.
AND THEN
My beloved semi-constant global variable trick with macros left me really scratching my head.
The macro 'Home' was working globally, flawlessly with the exception of trying to use it inside the uninstall procedure. There the compiler complained it was an undefined variable.
So with much debugging here it is, 1.36
Hope you all have fewer anomalies.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.37 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

1.37 brings view preferences for the editor list. (I think I preffer Small Icons)

some maybe useful or perhaps not, environment variables.
PB_P_EXE = localtion of PureBasic_Portable
PB_P_SharedPreferenceFolder= Location of the shared preference folder
PB_TOOLS_ToolsFolder= location of the tools folder

And if you are compiling all of the binary files for the application auto extract-
PB_TOOL_ProjectsFolder= location of projects fodler
PB_TOOL_IncludesFolder= location of the &_include folder
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.4 Final (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

1.4 Final

Other than any bugs crawling out of the wood work, This truly is the final version.
I have said this a few times in the past, I know. However it has been a considerable amount of time that this has not consumed my thoughts day and night. I am positive, I am ready to finally move on.

This includes a couple more tools in the tools folder that are not pre-compiled.
They are not completely my own work but have been tweaked by me. I am unsure of the original authors. (To these authors: Sorry, Please know your work is appreciated and I am not trying to steal your credit.)
They are set in the PBP project to compile with the 64 bit version, but of course can be compiled separately. They are entered into the initial Tools.prefs file.
Cobra
New User
New User

Post by Cobra »

Please forgive me for the ignorant question.

How exactly it this used as nothing opens up either explorer or using it from the command line?
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Jeromyal »

Cobra wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:14 pm Please forgive me for the ignorant question.

How exactly it this used as nothing opens up either explorer or using it from the command line?
Is this first use? (I will give this a try as a first launch to see if I can replicate)
Please tell me, what version of windows you are trying to use this on.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Jeromyal »

I have added Pre-expanded_PureBasic_Portable-1.4_Final.zip
If you want to try to see if that will start up for you. If it does, that narrows down what could be the problem.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Jeromyal »

Cobra wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:14 pm Please forgive me for the ignorant question.

Also it has accrued to me that perhaps windows security or other antivirus may be stopping its launch if it thinks it is suspect. You may have to white list it.
Cobra
New User
New User

Post by Cobra »

Jeromyal wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:23 pm Is this first use? (I will give this a try as a first launch to see if I can replicate)
Please tell me, what version of windows you are trying to use this on.
Jeromyal wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:28 pm I have added Pre-expanded_PureBasic_Portable-1.4_Final.zip
If you want to try to see if that will start up for you. If it does, that narrows down what could be the problem.
Jeromyal wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:35 pm Also it has accrued to me that perhaps windows security or other antivirus may be stopping its launch if it thinks it is suspect. You may have to white list it.
This is the first use and I'm using Windows 10 with all current updates.

The drive where this resides is whitelisted and I have also turned off all protections and neither one will launch.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Jeromyal »

What it should do is open a console window at start if there are folders or files that it needs and lists what it creates. then opens the gui for you to install PureBasic versions.
With the extracted zip what should have happened is a console, only announcing it created the merge_dir folder.
I will comment out some things that it does not need per-say. Such as the mutex and compile it without the self extraction. I will put it up as Slim version. We will see what happens. Give me an hour or two.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Jeromyal »

This is very unusual. I see what is going on but haver not really cornered the cause yet. Thank you for bringing this major bug to my attention. Unfortunately this may take more than a couple hours to fix.

I will post when think I have an actual working version up again, funny. It refuses to launch if there is not already an install? but I cant see what would stop it. (YET)