[APP] Checksum Verify

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
neuronic
User
User

[APP] Checksum Verify

Post by neuronic »

Hi everyone!

My second software dealing with checksum calculation is on my website: Checksum Verify. The program can calculate the checksum value of one file at a time, but it can use multiple methods at the same time. The calculated values can be saved into a file, or copied to the clipboard.

You can also use it to verify if an existing hash value is correct or not. If you provide a hash value to compare, the newly calculated values will be printed in red if they do not match, or green if there is a match. If no value is given to compare, the program just calculates the selected checksum values.

Technical note:
The program was compiled using PB6.0 with the C backend on all systems. It is available on Windows, Linux and Raspberry Pi OS. The Linux version was compiled and tested on Ubuntu. The Raspberry Pi version was compiled and tested on a Raspberry Pi 4 with 4 GB RAM.

On Linux systems, the actual help won’t work. The menu option is disabled for now as my help system doesn’t work on Linux. There is a readme.txt file instead.

The program can be downloaded from my website:
https://www.cyberstorm.hu/_en/core/soft ... erify.html

neuronic
AZJIO
Addict
Addict

Re: [APP] Checksum Verify

Post by AZJIO »

Previously, I made a utility for comparing two files, but now I'm too lazy to rewrite it in PureBasic, especially since I rarely use it. I later added a size comparison to it in a ratio, for example 1:1.3. I also added a check for programs from startup, so that if the virus changes the file, the program will display a message. It seems to me that this functionality is more interesting and it is not available in other programs. And you can get the hash sum using the 7zip program.

I was advised to post programs - here