Custom wallpaper when logged in with RDP.

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
jacdelad
Addict
Addict

Custom wallpaper when logged in with RDP.

Post by jacdelad »

Hi,
at work I use a lot of RDP to connect to dozens of computers and do stuff. When I log in the default login page appears on the remote computer, until I log out using a script I wrote which automatically logs the local user in. However, some people still have not understood that when the login screen is showing, I am working, so they regularly kick me out. Is there a possibility to set a different background picture while I'm logged in? I don't want to replace the regular one which shows up when the computer is booted, just for the time someone is logged in remotely.
PureBasic 6.04/XProfan X4a/Embarcadero RAD Studio 11/Perl 5.2/Python 3.10
Windows 11/Ryzen 5800X/32GB RAM/Radeon 7770 OC/3TB SSD/11TB HDD
Synology DS1821+/36GB RAM/130TB
Synology DS920+/20GB RAM/54TB
Synology DS916+ii/8GB RAM/12TB
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Re: Custom wallpaper when logged in with RDP.

Post by Caronte3D »

I think it's not possible, because while the user aren't logged, they don't see anything from the remote computer, so they not see the wallpaper either
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Post by Caronte3D »

Maybe a solution in case it's possible...
Make a simple PB program (client-server) and send it to every user, so they can see on it if you are on the remote machine or not.
jacdelad
Addict
Addict

Post by jacdelad »

Hi Caronte,
nah, I'm not talking about the normal wallpapers, I'm talking about the login page which also shows up when you lock the pc via [Win]+[L] or when someone is working remotely on it.
I know how to change it and there are also some tools available, but id like to automate it somehow. Also, I think Microsoft should offer this natively.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

Instead of defining a background image, you could display a transparent text on top.
You can try with this code: Text in transparency with or without image
Add #PB_Window_Tool flag if you don't want to see the program in the taskbar.

With Start program on connection, you should have your message displayed: It's time for your coffee, maintenance in progress

Edit: Oops, I didn't read your last post.
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

This works win 11

If you need to do it remotely use \\nameofmachine\HKLM...

Code: Select all

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PersonalizationCSP

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PersonalizationCSP /v LockScreenImagePath /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\Web\Screen\img101.jpg" /f

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PersonalizationCSP /v LockScreenImageUrl /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\Web\Screen\img101.jpg" /f

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PersonalizationCSP /v LockScreenImageStatus /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Im not sure about the reset though and I haven't tried it as I don't know what it will do
remove the astrix and try it on a vm maybe

Code: Select all

icacls* "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData" /reset /t /c /l
dige
Addict
Addict

Post by dige »

Thanks for the tip! :D
"Daddy, I'll run faster, then it is not so far..."
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Post by Caronte3D »

jacdelad wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:34 pm Hi Caronte,
nah, I'm not talking about the normal wallpapers, I'm talking about the login page which also shows up when you lock the pc via [Win]+[L] or when someone is working remotely on it.
I know how to change it and there are also some tools available, but id like to automate it somehow. Also, I think Microsoft should offer this natively.
Ah! Ok... Maybe your case is diferent of my VPS machines, because I use remote desktop icons with the credentials of every one, and... I can't see the remote machine until It's connected.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

5 years I didn't use it. I was like Caronte3D, We used shortcuts to connect with the password entered only once, at the 1st connection.
The credential was saved in the credential manager.
For the next times, the connection was automatic, without seeing the remote machine until it was connected.
And sometimes, when we restarted the remote machine, we had a black screen for 5mn until we connected to the desktop again.
I believe that to have this configuration and save the credentials, you must be on the same domain or workgroup.

Thanks for the PersonalizationCSP LockScreenImage, unfortunately seems only available on Windows >=10, Enterprise or Éducation edition, not on the Pro version.
jacdelad
Addict
Addict

Post by jacdelad »

I also use predefined shortcuts for the connections. Entering the credentials every time would be...annoying.

As I said, as long as I'm logged in, the local operator sees the login page and can kick me out. With some information on it Thai would be prevented.