ChatGPT AI Troll

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

ChatGPT AI Troll

Post by mk-soft »

I think we have caught a ChatBot AI here. Conspicuous in some very long threads (I don't want to name names or this one will end up here)

Example for working bot
Link: ChatGPT KI learn purebasic (German)
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Re: ChatGPT AI Troll

Post by idle »

I think you're right and a new ai has recently gone online with free accounts so yes. Currently it's posts are human guided as some have been edited multiple times.
Mijikai
Addict
Addict

Post by Mijikai »

I agree.
30 years of designing and 50+ years programming and then loosing it over Run/Chain/Print...
sure :lol:
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

Interesting thought. Then again, maybe Codex IS that bad ;)
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
yuki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by yuki »

It does kind of seem that way. Also reminded me some of my stubborn pops.
Thanks for cleaning that up @idle, and sorry for feeding into it.
Really no idea why I thought to help there... 🙃
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

I had said
Do andriods dream of electric sheep?
Locking thread as I really can't be bothered reading delusional rantings.

and this was the reply I got in the reported message.
It's a shame the way, you, as a Moderator, delivers such childish comments and difamation words. Calling a well known Professsional Cientist dellusional, in my country is a serious crime. Even under a disguised name, that I got on a flight company magazine, your acts were really a shame!

Have a nice Christmas and Arigato gozaimashita!
So is this an AI bot or a very disgruntled ~70 year old Japanize person living in the UK who claims to have had 50 years of coding experience and has worked for all the big tech companies and used PB for years.
All I have To say, is that I believe this is the language To do it, even If I have To make any extra library in Assembly Or C To add some funtions To it.
I believe in Authors, because I'm using this software for years to build my prototype programs.
Don't think small, if I tell you that with my almost 50 years of professional computational work, for Microsoft, Apple, IBM (where i started), Bull, Digital, Sony, Toshiba, NASA, Scientific American, FBI, a few TV programs and much, much more, including a few BIG hardware projects...
I must try some of that saki!
we hope you have a merry Christmas too.
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Post by Caronte3D »

At least I feel calmer knowing that it really is not a human who has an ego bigger than the universe :lol:
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

I found that here also an interesting read:
https://metastable.org/gpt-3.html
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

Caronte3D wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:27 am At least I feel calmer knowing that it really is not a human who has an ego bigger than the universe :lol:
I hope that's the case as I'm not really not sure if it's a bot or not :lol:
HeX0R wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:56 am I found that here also an interesting read:
https://metastable.org/gpt-3.html
Yes it's an interesting read.
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tj1010 »

Both ChatGPT(Google/DeepMind) and AlphaCode(OpenAI) are based on RNN if anyone is curious..

Also.. I don't know about anyone else here, but I've been highly offended by the remarks of this A.I.(sarcasm/irony/reality-denial)
The truth hurts.
Oso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Oso »

tj1010 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:45 pm Also.. I don't know about anyone else here, but I've been highly offended by the remarks of this A.I.(sarcasm/irony/reality-denial)
I understand what you mean. I was more hurt than offended, because everyone was trying to offer help and well-reasoned advice. I remain rather unconvinced though — if a bot is designed to be so clever, why make weird spelling mistakes and inconsistent use of grammar throughout, as in 'sintax', 'cientist'. Another observation is that whenever I read any AI-generated text, such as that in the GPT-3 BOT article linked above, I immediately sense the prosaic, empty and utterly dull tone, but in last week's case, I got a clear sense of the writer's personality.

In fact, it seemed familiar to me because I've recently been watching an old BBC TV drama from the 1970s, called 'Who Pays The Ferryman'. The character at the marked point onwards in the episode below, to my mind, bears similar traits as our man — he receives generous help from others in abundance but shows only ingratitude... https://youtu.be/rbjkyz0yNUY?t=115