ChatGPT passed the Bavarian Abitur

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Little John
Addict
Addict

ChatGPT passed the Bavarian Abitur

Post by Little John »

The current version of ChatGPT passed the Bavarian Abitur.
I don't know if this speaks for ChatGPT or against the Bavarian Abitur. :wink:
Piero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: ChatGPT passed the Bavarian Abitur

Post by Piero »

I think we must ponder the difference between "being educated" and "learn"
Mijikai
Addict
Addict

Post by Mijikai »

In germany abitur means nothing, u can literally buy it it online - since years now.
Not sure why anyone would need ChatGTP... prob. distraction from the real problem which they cant seem to get under control.
Anyway education gets worse every year, the bar gets lower and lower so i dont think they care anymore - everything is on a sharp decline.
Just one of many "minor" problems besides the deindustrialization and coming economic depression ^^
benubi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by benubi »

A good excuse to replace teachers by ChatGPT robots. Robots can't offend anyone because they have the newest PC talking point updates, know everything that is "truly accepted" science, and aren't hateful or prejudiced (they have only reflexes or so). Nothing to be worried about. Robots will take better care of the pupils and sense micro signals a human teacher couldn't decipher and call child protection via internet if necessary (for wrong-think, unruliness or sleeping in class; and perhaps contact the parents too). There must also be strict intrusive & ubiquitous surveillance to make sure nobody uses ChatGPT to swindle, but those that want to use ChatGPT to train themselves to become better superhumans for a better future can get a legal brain chip (no illegal black market hardware, please) to make sure that everything is in perfect harmony, society and children are perfectly protected from bad people and wrong thinking.

(This message contains traces of sarcasm :twisted: )
Piero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Piero »

benubi wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:30 pmlegal brain chip
Yeah; they LITERALLY say we're "just hackable robots WITHOUT free will" SO we need to be brainchipped for our own good... the irony... :mrgreen:
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

It would help if you actually informed yourself how the bavarian abitur works. Additionally read this for fun. ChatGPT failed the programming part during this test. Read German article how chatGPT managed to "just" get a very average result for the Bavarian Abitur

In other words, every bavarian kid has to do better in programming than the friggin ai did ;)
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

Bitblazer wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:36 am Read German article
This article is outdated. Instead, better read the current article that I mentioned in the first post of this thread.
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

Little John wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:58 am This article is outdated. Instead, better read the current article that I mentioned in the first post of this thread.
I don't know why you think that the article is "outdated", just because it is a bit older. I cited mine because it highlights how they actually had to break down questions and rewrite them, to have the bot pass the test. I just considered my article to be more detailed about the special changes they did for the bot. But anyway, we can discuss this better live on discord instead of spamming the forum ;)
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

Bitblazer wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:35 am
Little John wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:58 am This article is outdated. Instead, better read the current article that I mentioned in the first post of this thread.
I don't know why you think that the article is "outdated", just because it is a bit older. I cited mine because it highlights how they actually had to break down questions and rewrite them, to have the bot pass the test.
That article was about an old test with ChatGPT, not about the current test. Too hard to understand?
Bitblazer wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:35 am But anyway, we can discuss this better live on discord instead of spamming the forum ;)
Yes, please don't spam this forum!
Piero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Piero »

I think that, before interacting with any AI, it would be better for us to sign an informed consent saying we're aware it's just a computer program that may have been fed with just millions of selfies and lolcats