Recipe management software?

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Re: Recipe management software?

Post by Fangbeast »

I think your recipe manager is feature complete at this point and has an intuitive interface, I was able to run it without reading the manual, as I quite often do.
Thanks, but someone told me I had too many features!! And speaking of the CHM help file, I have been working more on it today, adding more sections and will eventually replace the built in scratchpad help with it and link it in.
but the size of that window when you double-click on a recipe would be great to have, to view everything at a glance without scrolling.
Not sure I know what you mean. The window that comes up when you double left click is the edit window and is has things on a panelgadget to reduce the amount of screen space.

If you have a look the TI-994A's print routine, it prints the picture, ingredients and instructions on an A4 size approximated paper. Would that be the size you have in mind? And level of detail? Same as in the printed page, nothing else?
Amateur Radio, D-STAR/VK3HAF
jack
Addict
Addict

Post by jack »

Fangbeast wrote: If you have a look the TI-994A's print routine, it prints the picture, ingredients and instructions on an A4 size approximated paper. Would that be the size you have in mind? And level of detail? Same as in the printed page, nothing else?
yes, that would be great, but no need to go trough a lot of trouble just for me.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

jack wrote:
Fangbeast wrote: If you have a look the TI-994A's print routine, it prints the picture, ingredients and instructions on an A4 size approximated paper. Would that be the size you have in mind? And level of detail? Same as in the printed page, nothing else?
yes, that would be great, but no need to go trough a lot of trouble just for me.
It's not that it's trouble but I took my instructions from my wife, my friends wife and some other ladies that I know and they didn't want/care about recipe preview. They wanted a recipe manager they could add lots of recipes to, find fast and then print out for the cooking stage.

I asked them why they didn't setup a laptop or tablet in the kitchen for this sort of thing and they said it wasn't safe in case of accidents. paper is cheap, a laptop or tablet isn't.

I have been playing around with a preview form today but I had some recipes where the number of ingredients and the size of the instructions would overflow the page so a little scrolling was unavoidable. I'll see what I can do in the next few days as we have our old cat to take to the vets and next week is doctors, dieticians and physio for me.
jack
Addict
Addict

Post by jack »

hope it goes well with doctor visit.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

jack wrote:hope it goes well with doctor visit.
Nothing serious. It's soon time for regular blood tests, eye tests, physio, dietician (good luck with that I say, I can barely taste or smell anything) and dentist.

In the meantime, I have been fixing various bugs and adding in missing things. Are you still going to test Recipes to make sure everything is working???

I've asked for some help with export in the questions area so I can tackle that next.
jack
Addict
Addict

Post by jack »

Fangbeast wrote:Are you still going to test Recipes to make sure everything is working???
of course :)
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

jack wrote:
Fangbeast wrote:Are you still going to test Recipes to make sure everything is working???
of course :)
Glad someone is. Finally wrote out a todo list and thought of another little thing that needs to get done. Now if only I could solve the listicon flickering when I clear and then update it. LockWindowUpdate didn't do it.
Keya
Addict
Addict

Post by Keya »

Fangbeast wrote:Now if only I could solve the listicon flickering when I clear and then update it. LockWindowUpdate didn't do it.
might be worth a try setting redraw off...
SendMessage(hList, #WM_SETREDRAW, #FALSE, 0)
clear your list or whatever, then redraw back on...
SendMessage(hList, #WM_SETREDRAW, #TRUE, 0)
UpdateWindow(hList)
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

Keya wrote:
Fangbeast wrote:Now if only I could solve the listicon flickering when I clear and then update it. LockWindowUpdate didn't do it.
might be worth a try setting redraw off...
SendMessage(hList, #WM_SETREDRAW, #FALSE, 0)
clear your list or whatever, then redraw back on...
SendMessage(hList, #WM_SETREDRAW, #TRUE, 0)
UpdateWindow(hList)
Tried that too, around the entire redraw/update but didn't solve it. Have a similar problem with the listicon vanishing for titles when the program starts up.

The rest of the interface is drawn on program startup but as the listicon is being populated from the database, it temporarily vanishes (???) then comes back after the update.
Last edited by Fangbeast on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

**UPDATE**

09/04/2016

Added: Icons in all drop down comboboxes.
Added: Cue text in search boxes changes according to the search field selected. Main form and Advanced find form.
Added: Separate cue text procedure to prevent repeating blocks of code.

Fixed: RTF text shows up in Instructions editor.
Fixed: RTF text shows up in main form instructions field.
Fixed: Checkbox removed from export form as it's not needed. Single left mouse click selects a recipe.
Fixed: Ingredients only search for recipes now works properly.

Changed: Setup form reorganised for more space. More to come on that.

The external epub, docx, pdf and chm help files have been reworked, updated and included as usual, that's why the download is 11 meg or so.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9yk29jr0fuhl ... es.7z?dl=0
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

10/04/2016

Added: Show or hide the main program toolbar.
Added: Help pages can now be loaded, saved and edited. No longer embedded in the program. Now you can suit yourself.

Changed: The statusbar background colour has been changed to a darker shade of grey to stand out a little better.
Changed: The help pages have all been updated.

Updated: The external epub, docx, pdf and chm help files have been reworked, updated and included as usual, that's why the download is 11 meg or so.

Formerly, the help pages had to be created manually by the programmer by any editor capable of writing out RTF files and then they were hard coded to be included in the final exe file.

That was a pain in the credenza!

Now, when you press the F1 key in any of the program sections, the help file for that section is loaded from disk from the Help\ directory.

If the file doesn't exist, nothing bad happens. If you fill the help screen with your own referential content and press the Save button, this file is saved.

You can also load an RTF file that you created yourself into the help screen. Don't forget to press the Save button!

Initially, the form is in Read Only mode. Press the Edit button to be able to edit the help content. Don't forget to press it again to go back to Read only mode or just press ESCape to exit and avoid messing it up.

And always remember the Save button if you changed anything!

Anyone have some feedback for me?
infratec
Always Here
Always Here

Post by infratec »

Fangbeast wrote:10/04/2016
Changed: The statusbar background colour has been changed to a darker shade of grey to stand out a little better.
Make it changeable to 50 shades of grey and you have a top rated program :mrgreen:

(I could not resist)

Bernd
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

Code: Select all

Make it changeable to 50 shades of grey and you have a top rated program  :mrgreen: 
Grr, don't make me come after you with srod's diseased sheep collection!!! I am working my ass off with your help and neither of us will get anything for it.
Sigh.

I know, I know, I have to change the database to boolean in parts, fix the export, finish the import of my own format...So much to do, so little brain!

But it's looking better right???

Couldn't have done the important parts without you Bernd.
infratec
Always Here
Always Here

Post by infratec »

Missing Help\About.rtf in your 7z file.

And maybe others too.
It's not compilable.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

infratec wrote:Missing Help\About.rtf in your 7z file.

And maybe others too.
It's not compilable.

Nope, only one. If you've still got the last archive, grab the 'About.rtf' from that and shove it in:):)