Amitris Design Environment

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Re: Amitris Design Environment

Post by BarryG »

Mohsen wrote:Unfortunately this project failed completely and it will not continue.
Oops, I didn't notice this post. That's a shame, then.
Last edited by BarryG on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
oreopa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by oreopa »

No one is owed anything. Project is finished/abandoned, get over it. If there's anything more "sinister" I'd be highly surprised.

Building a flexible/universal GUI designer isn't a totally trivial task. Maybe mohsen simply gave up.
Proud supporter of PB! * Musician * C64/6502 Freak
Radical Raccoon
User
User

Post by Radical Raccoon »

I'm just a little bummed since I missed out on seeing this project at all, even if it is dead. I always enjoy checking out others' projects here. I don't know why they suddenly left and abandoned the project, but what's done is done. I hope that Mohsen might return at some point, though.
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

A project can be abandoned, but here the user has deleted every track. Which would in some user cases really, REALLY hurt this forum because of great expertise , solutions and contributions which would be all wiped out. That should not be allowed imho by the forum software unless some manual approval process of admin. A few recent posts/mistakes is OK, but not the whole history.
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

Rinzwind wrote:the user has deleted every track
Users can't delete their posts once somebody has replied; they can only edit them. This means a mod or the team has manually deleted the posts. Not sure as to the reason, but it explains why it looks like I started this thread. Mohsen posted first; I posted second.
Marc56us
Addict
Addict

Post by Marc56us »

I don't know what the situation is in other countries, but in europe, the law (and now also the RGPD) obliges data administrators (ie: forums owner) to delete all data produced by a user if the author requests it. This is not necessarily the will of an administrator.
:wink:
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

I don't think that's true. GDPR is more about private information and use. If you post voluntary on a forum and even quite anonymous you can't just make demands to delete all your data.

https://blog.vanillaforums.com/communit ... ity-forums
Q: Is user generated content (UGC) personal data? Is UGC subject to rules around data portability and erasure?

A: This is a tricky one. What if a member asks that you delete all their posts? What if those posts were valuable both to the community and your company? We feel that if the posts are stripped of identifying information ( for example the username and photo of the member), they do not need to be removed. The exception here is if the posts contain information that identifies the person that is requesting removal. That would also include posts with personal data about the requester that was posted by another member. You might consider laying out in your terms of use or privacy policy who owns UGC and what will be done if someone requests removal of posted content.

In this case the user went on and edited each and every one of his posts to be empty (which took some time I guess) and later let someone else even delete those posts which is puzzling... Anyway gone is gone. For reasons of these rigorous actions one can only guess. Illegal software or license breach or too many bumps on the road or personal issues or conflicts or got enough of PB. Whatever. Could as well delete this topic too ;) Except maybe some lesson can be learnt about future cases like these.
Josh
Addict
Addict

Post by Josh »

Rinzwind wrote:... and later let someone else even delete those posts ...
Probably the account was deleted and with this, all posts of the user will be removed also.
sorry for my bad english