IceDesign GUI designer

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
blueb
Addict
Addict

Re: IceDesign GUI designer

Post by blueb »

Thanks Chris,
Very easy to use, and the JellyButtons.pbi still allows much more customizing. This will bring a modern look to our programs (of course I've been using JellyButtons for a while)

Here's an example.. https://prnt.sc/90gvN-uDop9A
- It was too lonely at the top.

System : PB 6.10 Beta 7 (x64) and Win Pro 11 (x64)
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X w/64 gigs Ram, AMD RX 6950 XT Graphics w/16gigs Mem
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Post by Caronte3D »

ChrisR wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:44 pmAs for locked to Left, Right, Up or Down, the proportional resizing is now based on the parent container size.
Whether it is itself in proportional resizing or locked. You can play in all directions 8)
Works like a charm!
Thanks! :wink:
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

IceDesign has been updated in version 1.6.6

The new JellyButton custom control is now compatible with the DPIaware compiler option.

As a reminder, the Custom colors are saved in IceDesign.ini at closing time, to be reused at the next call.
Very useful here for the JellyButton, the window background color or for other Gadgets.
wro
New User
New User

Post by wro »

A very helpful and effective tool. Nevertheless there are two open questions:

a) Either a manual (pdf would be helpful) or at least some sort of helpfile (F1 support)

b) The distribution source is a nightmare. Try to enter for an update,
and you are lost in a loop "Es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Bitte versuchen Sie es später..."
( An error has happened. Please try again later...)

If you could resolve these two problems, it would be close to perfect.

Regards

Wolf
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Post by Caronte3D »

wro wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:05 pm The distribution source is a nightmare. Try to enter for an update...
+1000 :?
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

Huh? Never had an issue updating. Just save the very first email you got, follow the link, enter your email and there you are.

Documentation should be focus of next update. Or some fancy youtube videos. Yeah I know, different skills than coding ;)
wro
New User
New User

Post by wro »

Hi there,

b) Distribution channel

Turned out that the distributor demands inactivating any tracking filter. If you switch off the protection,
they grant access. But they don't tell you about! Nice...

a) Documentation: I know it is a sort of pain in the neck. But in order to use the software 100% it is really
required. Example: The language package.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

Hi guys,

@Gumroad
Sorry to hear that it is difficult for some on Gumroad.
I thought it was like Rinzwind says:
Follow the link on the 1st mail received (invoice), enter your email and download.

For me who does not have a website or other products to sell, it's quite comfortable, I don't have to worry about exchange rates, taxes or VAT, they manage everything.
But by reading on the right and left, I can see that it has a lot of weak points and some unhappy people.

Well, maybe it's time for me to finally make my first site, with wordpress or others for monetization
I am listening, if you have any suggestions, simple for me as for you.

@Documentation
I thought it should be simple or intuitive enough to avoid having to write a documentation.
Documentations are rarely read, or diagonally. But I agree, it remains a comfort to have it next to. To try to explain the points that would not be clear enough, if needed.
That's why I had done some Gif demos. It looked better to me this way than with writing.

Maybe I'll do a more complete video capture series.
And probably with some writing to explain other stuff like how to use the Multilanguage module.
I will try to do more than now but it will take some timeeeee. With my poor English in addition, it's not so easy.

wro wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:05 pm If you could resolve these two problems, it would be close to perfect.
Thanks Wolf, I try to do my best, you are welcome :)
zikitrake
Addict
Addict

Post by zikitrake »

If you are going to use WP, you may be interested in the free https://github.com/michelve/software-license-manager.

A couple of years ago I used it for a friend and it was really easy to set up and manage licenses (you could even automate the sale and allocation of licenses with Woocommerce, if I remember correctly).
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

IceDesign has been updated in version 1.7.0

New features
  • Choose your favorite background color for IceDesign. It replaces the light or dark theme.
  • New option in the settings "Auto Color Gadgets". See ObjectColor (Dark Mode)
    SetObjectColor() is added at creation time with the required flags for the comboxes added for the need. It is not included in the design part.
    Define your window's background color, the Gadgets will inherit this color automatically.Ideal for dark modes.
  • In addition to the gray text, I added the grayed out image of the JellyButtons to have more contrast, when disabled.

ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

I had a little problem while uploading, I just did it again.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

I've updated the background color of the editable Gadgets to be a bit brighter or lighter and get a slight contrast.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

IceDesign has been updated in version 1.7.1

Some minor corrections and a new tool PBForm2IceDesign:
Export an Interface from a Purebasic source (*.pbf, *.pb) and convert it to IceDesign format (*.icef).
See the topic PB Form 2 IceDesign
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

IceDesign has been updated in version 1.7.2

To support and be up to date with PureBasic version 6.0 beta 8, I replaced ToolBarStandardButton() by ToolBarImageButton() inside and in the generated code.

Fred wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:30 pm Beta 8 is out, with some more changes and improvements:

Code: Select all

- Changed the Mouse library on Windows to use RawInput instead of DirectX to support HighDPI mouse
- Added auto DPI support for Menu and ToolBar library (Windows)
- Fixed the IDE for High DPI (Windows)
- Removed ToolBarStandardButton() as it doesn't support high DPI and is very bad looking
titobal
New User
New User

Post by titobal »

Hello,

I'm a new user of PureBasic and I aim to develop Windows & Mac apps.

One "stupid" question maybe for you, with the IceDesign GUI Designer running on a PC, will the code it will generate

be usable to develop an app which will build/compile on both Windows AND Mac osx ?

Thanks for your reply in advance.