IceDesign GUI designer

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Re: IceDesign GUI designer

Post by ChrisR »

titobal wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:49 pm One "stupid" question maybe for you, with the IceDesign GUI Designer running on a PC, will the code it will generate
be usable to develop an app which will build/compile on both Windows AND Mac osx ?
Hello titobal,
IceDesign runs only under Windows but the generated code is written in native PB code without OS specific code, API... It should be 100% compatible with MacOS or Linux.
But this, as long as some Windows styles are not selected to stay Cross-Platform.
They are well marked in the properties constants list for this. They are at the bottom and they start with a # (ex for buttons: #BS_Bottom, #BS_Top).

However, I do not have a Mac to test and see the result.
There are probably small adjustments to be made for the Gadgets size and position and to add a Menu (#PB_Menu_Quit) to close the Window, see mk-soft's example.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

A little late, I want to wish a happy birthday to my baby IceDesign, released in final version on August 30th, last year 🎂
but I was away at the beginning of the week, without being able to do it.

One year already, thanks for the support and for the ideas to improve it by adding new features 🥂
I am quite proud of the work done, with a stable version, only 1 crash reported, in a stress test :wink:

And of course, thank you again to those who trusted me by buying it, with some very nice messages ❤ received and also for the 21 ratings generously given (18 "5 ★" and 3 "4 ★").
And, as the cherry on the cake, I generously received 3 additional donations, including a fairly large one, thank you very much 😘

As a birthday gift, for those who want it or those who have not yet taken the step,
I offer it with a special discount of 20%, valid until Tuesday, September 6th included.
Image Vat not included.

To evaluate IceDesign before, test with the Demo Version, it is fully operational, only limited to 16 Gadgets.

As I don't want to be in a bad competition and as I saw it this morning, for those who use the integrated tool, PureForm. TI-994A has just published a good basic tutorial on the form designer, to introduce it and use it at its best :wink:

:)
Last edited by ChrisR on Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
blueb
Addict
Addict

Post by blueb »

Congratulations Chris :D
- It was too lonely at the top.

System : PB 6.10 Beta 7 (x64) and Win Pro 11 (x64)
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X w/64 gigs Ram, AMD RX 6950 XT Graphics w/16gigs Mem
radsoft
User
User

Post by radsoft »

Hello Chris,

I just purchased your IceDesign v1.7.2, thank you. I don't know enough to comment except to say that in my brief use of it, the JellyButton looks great and will add a great deal to my applications. Maybe you'll add more similarly appealing gadgets over time?

I see the license is "LifeTime User-Based Licence" but I wasn't sure if this includes updates like the PureBasic license.

Thank you and I'm looking forward to learning how to use IceDesign.

David
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

Thank you for your purchase David.
The "LifeTime User-Based Licence" is like the PureBasic licence, I like it. As PB, Updates are free.
Keep the first email you receive, the invoice with the download link. In case of update, follow the link and enter your email to download the latest version.

radsoft wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:50 am ... the JellyButton looks great and will add a great deal to my applications. Maybe you'll add more similarly appealing gadgets over time?
Maybe, but I have a little less time right now and it's already quite complete so I don't really know for the future.
I've already been asked for a documentation but sorry, I haven't made any progress on it.
Related to the way IceDesign works, to add custom gadgets, I would need the WM_Print message to be implemented. This is rarely done.

Good learning, I hope it is user friendly enough, for a quick start.
The options in parameters are immediately visible at the bottom, in the code part. It can help to better understand their uses, if needed.
:)
storck
User
User

Post by storck »

@ChrisR

Thank you so much for creating IceDesign. I found one of my old posts from years back where you mentioned it. Today I decided to check it out. I am glad that I did. It will make coding GUIs for my small projects a lot easier. I have only been playing with it for an hour or so.

I have one question: As far as I can tell the option to hide a gadget is not available for containers. I want to use a treegadget to display or hide different program settings. I was thinking of having containers occupying the same space and toggle those from selections in the treegadget. Since I can't hide the containers, that is kind of difficult. Do you, or someone else, have any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Storck
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

Hi Stock,
I don't see why I don't allow the Hide option for containers at first sight. I need to look into it further.

For now, you should be able to change the container via the "LIst Controls" tab.
by using from this list, a double right click to close the current container and double left click to open the new container.
but it's not ideal, I'll have a look
storck
User
User

Post by storck »

@ChrisR

Thank you for the quick reply. That solved my problem.

/ Storck
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

IceDesign has been updated in version 1.7.3

The hiden option is also available for containers now.

Note: to make visible a Gadget that was previously hidden (so not selectable with the mouse). You can select the Gadget in the "List Controls" tab or in the ComboBox and disable the hidden property.

Last edited by ChrisR on Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

ChrisR wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:46 am IceDesign has been updated in version 1.7.3

The hiden option is also available for containers now.
That will be very useful. :D
VB6_to_PBx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by VB6_to_PBx »

i ran into 1 problem :
in Design Mode i can set ComboBoxGadget's height to 20 ( and it aslo generates the PB correctly height = 20 )
but when i Save your Code it always reverts back to height = 23 instead of height = 20
i then have to go back and change every ComboBox Gadget from height=23 back to height=20

is there any method to make after i Save your Code that it actually Saves it with a Height = 20 instead of 23

i haven't tested this out with other Gadgets yet in your Designer ,
but it would be great if you let the User set the Heights ... even though they would be to low or a mistake
and let the User fix the Heights , and Designer would keep that height when the Code is saved/opened

other than that ,
your Designer is great !!!

PureBasic .... making tiny electrons do what you want !

"With every mistake we must surely be learning" - George Harrison
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

Hi VB6_to_PBx,,
It seems to be the minimum required size used when creating but should not be used here. I left for the weekend, I will look After.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

IceDesign has been updated in version 1.7.4

Fixed to keep the same size of the saved gadgets, when opening or importing an .icef form.
VB6_to_PBx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by VB6_to_PBx »

ChrisR wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:20 am IceDesign has been updated in version 1.7.4

Fixed to keep the same size of the saved gadgets, when opening or importing an .icef form.
Thanks Chris , for very quick Fix + Support of your Designer !!!

i checked out all the Gadgets ... everything works great now !!! 8)

i just sent you a PayPal donation :D

PureBasic .... making tiny electrons do what you want !

"With every mistake we must surely be learning" - George Harrison
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

Thank you for the feedback 8) and thank you so much for your donation, it is generous and appreciated :D