RAD Game Development Tool - update April 6th

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
_aNdy_
User
User

Re: RAD Game Development Tool

Post by _aNdy_ »

This looks fantastic!
Josepho
User
User

Re: RAD Game Development Tool

Post by Josepho »

Time really goes fast right? It has passed around a year since i decided to start working on this tool, and some stuff has happened that made me be abit busy, but now im back to work. Now I have the following!

-> I created a browser visor using canvas cause for mac actual browser visor doesnt allow drag and i found other things i was missing
-> I also created the chance of manage multiple maps!
-> Another new thing is not visible in the gif is that my canvases are no longer inside a scrollable area but i created the scrollvars by my self too so i can manage the image load better inside the canvas (to hide what is outside teh view etc)

Im also thinking on releasing the mapper as a single program, and the rest of the tool later as a way of provide some funds to motivate myself to work faster on this

The next things im working on is in the file export, so probably it will pass sometime till i post new updates cause thats not that cool to show in a gif :D

Update April 23 2022

I did several new updates
-> Now you can change files names
-> The size of the maps can be changed
-> The tileset used for the maps can be changed
-> The tool now saves the state and loads it

Here is a gif with the main updates!

Update May 2nd

New update! Now i extended the layer actual system to allow me to create as many tile layers as i want, for the moment it will be limited to 5 cause i have some other ideas about an automatic system that i cant figure out how to make it live with an user messing with the amount of layers very easily. Also the players can set the visibility of the layers by checking the checkboxes

Josepho
User
User

Re: RAD Game Development Tool - update May 2nd

Post by Josepho »

Hi, i have been busy during lots of times but finally i have a couple of updates.

The first one i made huge optimization work with the tilemap visor and now its able to handle easy 5000x5000 maps, as far as i saw, most part of the competitors are limited to 500x500, the video thats shows this was long so you can see it on my twitter account here:
https://twitter.com/josepho/status/1544806538002530304

The other cool big update is the visual editor to import tilesets, users will be able to manage the autotiles and the different things the tool will offer them with a nice visual editor, here is a gif that shows almost all the options

Update 12-12-2022
Now the tool allows the user to use other kind of tilesets also here is a gif showing how easy is to import them

Update 15-12-2022
So the imported tileset has no transparency, say no more!

Update 23-12-2022
Now its possible to add new tiles to a tileset directly from the tool, here is an example on how to add a couple of autotiles

Update 28-12-2022
Another kind of autotile is now supported, its the one used by the last versions of rpgmaker the mv, mz and vxace, instead of using a 3x3 tileset its using only a 2x2, here is a gif showing how to add it using the profile editor
Josepho
User
User

Re: RAD Game Development Tool - update December 23

Post by Josepho »

New update! I m going to make a new post cause its becoming a bit heavy to see if I keep updating the same one

Update January 5
The last features im including in the editor is the ability to modify images to adapt them to the tool without using any external tool, the last one is what i called the scanner, its a tool that checks for single tiles that are separated and it auto organize it in a way the tool can handle. In the gif you can see:
- How it autoorganizes different sets, also removing some images from it
- The user can reposition a set and the organized version updates
- The end result can be modified by the user by dragging single tiles one place to another

It needs lots of work yet to be completely compatible with the rest of the stuff but its looking very good! For the first release its missing 3 features, a way of placing colisions, special objects and the project exporter. Im hoping i will have it by the end of this month.
Josepho
User
User

Re: RAD Game Development Tool - update January 5th

Post by Josepho »

New update! Collision system!

User can create as many types of collisions as he wants
- Collisions uses assets imported in the tool, there is a limitation of 40x40 px per collision image
- When the user assigns a collision to a tile this collision is propagated to the map
- User can place tiles with collisions in different layers and it will propagate to the map as well, the rule is that the latest collision in the list is the one that rules the tile
- There is a collision view where the players can see the results of the collisions
- User can modify the collisions of a map independently from the collisions of the tiles, this is helpful to create hidden passages and that kind of things
- Another cool feature derived from this one is that users can see the state of the chipset pallete without creating a map if they tap on the collision option in profiles which can be very useful

HEre is a video with it!

6-4-2023
New update, the tool already exports maps to Love2D, now im working on more platforms. Hopefully the tile editor will be launched at the end of this month