crtkecnkl659 account hijacked by malware?

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
pdwyer
Addict
Addict

crtkecnkl659 account hijacked by malware?

Post by pdwyer »

Seeing a lot of spam by the "crtkecnkl659" account replying to lots of posts. Looks like he's never made a real post though.

Odd URL versions of commercial sites is all that's posted, not sure if they are malware but that would be my guess.

Just wanted to raise awareness as perhaps the account needs to be disabled
Paul Dwyer

“In nature, it’s not the strongest nor the most intelligent who survives. It’s the most adaptable to change” - Charles Darwin
“If you can't explain it to a six-year old you really don't understand it yourself.” - Albert Einstein
pdwyer
Addict
Addict

Re: crtkecnkl659 account hijacked by malware?

Post by pdwyer »

I don't suppose that PB accounts lock out if you get the password wrong lots of times, I guess that would create a lot of admin overhead unlocking them.

Since I'm getting more spam emails I was thinking of trying to lock the account out.... annoying
Paul Dwyer

“In nature, it’s not the strongest nor the most intelligent who survives. It’s the most adaptable to change” - Charles Darwin
“If you can't explain it to a six-year old you really don't understand it yourself.” - Albert Einstein
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

Its a pure spam account helped by the fact the this forum does not need mod approval for the first x posts... would stop a lot of these accounts.
Kiffi
Addict
Addict

Post by Kiffi »

The user has already been blocked by me. He is no longer able to post new posts. However, as a mod, I don't have the option of deleting his postings in one go (Fred wanted to take care of this, but it doesn't work). And I don't feel like manually deleting the 118 postings either. That has to be done by an admin.
Hygge