PureBasic Portable 1.55 (win)

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.4.1 Final (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

I do not know if I fixed your issue Cobra, Please let me know. (Your not windows ARM are you?)
I thought I was having the same problem you were having but it then just went away after some small changes that I do not think would relate. Version Info in compiler options is suspect though, so I have turned that stuff off. I have had strange problems with it in the past.

This is 4 compiles. 64 bit and 32 bit versions of self extractors. and 64 and 32 bit of the slim versions, all as optimized C
With content already extracted as well.
I changed the mutex to a check of its own environment variable if already existing instead.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.4.1 Final (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

I just realized that using its environment variable as a mutex can't work because it is inheritance only.
New calls from explorer would not see the variable anyways.
So 1.4.1 does not have a functioning mutex. Not something we really have to be too concerned with.
It annoys me because there is a small chunk of nonsense near the beginning of the code but oh well.
I can't justify a 1.4.2 just for that.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.4.2 Final (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

1.4.2 I strongly believe I discovered the bug.
It seems that it had something to do with checking for optimization and the backend for the compilation info I had in the about tab.
It seems that I was thinking that it created the info at compile time only. It appears that it actually requires installed versions to query the compilers at start up? but not always?
I used debug view and noticed the application startup would just die after the backend compiler directive check if I removed all the installs.
So I removed that stuff and re enabled a real mutex. I have tested it and seems to work now.

Please let me know.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.4.3 Final (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

1.4.3 Sigh. :)
I remade the info in the about without querying the compilers for its version info.
It lacks a little but the bug does not happen this way.

So maybe.... That's all folks.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.4.4 Final (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

Did something clever with generating the version headers in the compiler folders and doing a compiler conditional includeBinary. So the info gets baked in when the project gets compiled.
So that each compiled version has there respected compiler version header info they were compiled with.

TLDR
The About tab has info like it did before, but does not cause a crash if there is no installs yet.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.4.4 Final (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

OMG
Sorry 1.45 is up to include generating the headers after installs. So you would not cause compiler errors about missing files you cant include in the includebinary.
with 1.44 you would have to quit after install and start back up before starting an editor and compiling the project.

I am done (knock on wood)
Cobra
New User
New User

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.4.5 Final (win)

Post by Cobra »

It works. Thanks.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.46 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

Some minor bug fixes.
Also made the minimal compiled versions so they will at least extract the innounp tool and create its support folders as empty.

Whereas the full executables can extract its own source code and some other tools.

Happy coding :!:
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.47 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

More tweaks and bash'a'bug sessions done.

Now it will list PureBasic installs that were installed to the host machine. Allowing you to launch them in portable mode. Not really sure why I did this, other than for completeness. The host compilers are also added to the more compilers list.

I am considering adding the directory path inside preferences {host}\{user}
it will collect any preferences of a host machine as whatever user you are logged in as and copy them to this directory.
Then as an option you would be able to launch a host install or portable install using those preferences.

Does anyone want me to do this?
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.47 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

currently unreleased 1.48. (See, unreleased folder) and currently untested

Noticing that relative paths in tools preferences break if you launch a host purebasic,
I have added a new passive tool that will change the drive letter in tools.prefs command to the letter that PureBasic_Portable launched from.
IF...
1) The path of command is not valid.
2) it was a drive letter to begin with.
3) it is not the host drive letter (commonly C)

So, if you run Portable_PureBasic from a removable drive and this is where the tools reside, such as in the Tools folder that PureBasic_Portable creates. You can use the full path and the drive letter is checked at PureBasic_Portable startup and changed if necessary.

Soon, I will add this as a toggleable preference in options, but as of this compile at time I post this, the tool is always active.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.48 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

This adds a new passive tool for the tools.prefs (explained in a previous post) the ability to turn it on and off in options.
PureBasic installed on host machine will be listed and can be hidden from options.
And preference profiles have been added.
I have added two example profiles.
1) A copy of what default uses.
2) A profile that will start up selected editor in portable mode useing the hosts {User}\AppData\Roaming\Purebasic\ folder. (Directory bust already exist to work without error.)
You can create a profile in the Portable.prefs file. This is reasonably powerful. You have access to all environment variables that PureBasic_Portable creates, and pre-existing from the machine. %Variable% gets converted to its value.
Any unchecked and selected install can run the default profile or any that you want to make and use.
Checking an install for isolation mode disables and overrides profiles.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.49 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

Addresses, a long-standing bug I found. This bug I believe would always load your preference of if you wanted to use the shared Tools.prefs and Template.prefs as true while running an editor in isolation.
It would remember what you wanted but would always start as if it was checked?
Now startup should be as expected if you want all preferences in the installed ide folder when isolation is checked, and the share option is unchecked.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.49 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

1.50 unreleased
bug fix with the new tools.prefs tool. Very bone headed mistake setting the name as a value.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.50 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

Bug fixes.
and
Created functionality with the Recent cleaner tool, More Compilers Tool, and the Tools.prefs tool to be able to work with locations pointed to with a profile.

Tooltip on the profile selector shows the command parameter that will be sent to the editor at launch.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable 1.51 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

fixes slightly annoying (but not difficult to work around) bug with how profile picker enables and disabled according to non-selection, and selection of checked and un-checked editors. Now works as intended.