PureBasic Portable 1.55 (win)

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
zikitrake
Addict
Addict

Re: PureBasic Portable Multi-launcher 1.8 (win). Enjoy. Fixes editor dpi also!

Post by zikitrake »

Jeromyal wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:34 pm...do you try to launch it with an editor already running?
Olé! :D that was the problem. With CTRL the same thing kept happening.

Thanks for the speed and the support!
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Jeromyal »

I do get a strange effect if I have the editor already running and I have a copy of PureBasic_Portable.exe somewhere else and try to launch it.
for instance. I launch the editor with PureBasic_Portable.exe from Onedrive.
have a copy of PureBasic_Portable.exe on the desktop and try to launch it.
It creates the last launch files on the desktop and opens the explorer window desktop folder.
If this is what you're experiencing it certainly is an odd one, I think I can fix easy enough.
check back in 30 minutes. I will have a minor version step put up with the fix.
zikitrake
Addict
Addict

Post by zikitrake »

Thank you. Knowing where the problem lies there is no urgency :)

Abusing your patience... Can you add Double click on the list to open the selected editor without having to press the "Continue" button?

PS: Laziness is my other name :lol:
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Jeromyal »

Oh, I like that Idea. I think double clicking would be useful

As for the other previous noted problem., I might need a day or two actually to think of a possible solution. Because the problem lies with trying to preserve the "%1" that could be passed to PureBasic_Portable.exe and passing that info to the editor to open "%1" as a file.
launching a second PureBasic_Portable.exe from a different location while an editor remains open from PureBasic_Portable.exe of a different location just confuses the already open editor with the other arguments that get passed. so for now close PureBasic if you are trying a PureBasic_Portable from a different location than the running one was launched from.
Check in a few minutes I will at least have your double click working for now.
Thank you for your great ideas.
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Re: PureBasic Portable Multi-launcher 1.8.1 (win). Enjoy. Fixes editor dpi also!

Post by HeX0R »

If I understand your problem description correctly, why not simply set [Global] -> RunOne = 0 in the PureBasic.prefs?

[Edit]
This is wrong btw.:

Code: Select all

CompilerIf Not #PB_OS_Windows
  CompilerError "Currently Windows Only."
CompilerEndIf
#PB_OS_Windows is available on all OS
You need:

CompilerIf #PB_Compiler_OS <> #PB_OS_Windows
CompilerEndIf
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable Multi-launcher 1.8.1 (win). Enjoy. Fixes editor dpi also!

Post by Jeromyal »

HeX0R wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:28 pm If I understand your problem description correctly, why not simply set [Global] -> RunOne = 0 in the PureBasic.prefs?

[Edit]
This is wrong btw.:

CompilerIf Not #PB_OS_Windows
CompilerEndIf
#PB_OS_Windows is available on all OS
You need:

CompilerIf #PB_Compiler_OS <> #PB_OS_Windows
CompilerEndIf
Thank you HeXOR,
I made that change.
Also, the problem was a new copy of the launcher would execute RunProgram() without a chosen ide. Cause an interesting problem indeed.
I think I have it fixed now. Version 1.8.2 is now up.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable Multi-launcher 1.8.3 (win). Enjoy. Fixes editor dpi also!

Post by Jeromyal »

okay,

1.8.3 is now up. If there is a valid ide in its preferences and there is a file/s being passed to it from the command line, it will repress the window from opening and just pass the info on to the set editor.
Now maybe all bugs have been beaten. But that is always the fun part, :) at least bug busting has always been fun for me oddly enough.
Double clicking on an entry to launch has been implemented. and cleaner looking install directories.
I am wondering if I should parse the names a bit more to get rid of spaces. Spaces in paths always cause some sort of trouble eventually. Some other tool in the future might have a problem with it maybe?

Anyways friends. I am happy to have been in service for you today.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable Multi-launcher 1.9.0 (win). Enjoy. Fixes editor dpi also!

Post by Jeromyal »

Version 1.9.0
Checked installs run their own preferences, in their own folders and unchecked they will use the shared preference folder.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable Multi-launcher 1.9.1 (win). Enjoy. Fixes editor dpi also!

Post by Jeromyal »

Already had to smoosh a tiny bug. Sorry. 1.9.1 is up and I think I am satisfied for a while.
zikitrake
Addict
Addict

Re: PureBasic Portable Multi-launcher 1.9.1 (win). Enjoy. Fixes editor dpi also!

Post by zikitrake »

:D Thank you! Everything is working like a charm now.
So many little gems around PB :!:
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable Multi-launcher 1.9.2 (win). Enjoy. Fixes editor dpi also!

Post by Jeromyal »

1.9.2 is now available. Just some small tweaks, light enhancements, and squashed bugs.
Beyond the turd polish there is the groundwork for a simple backup system. Disabled and incomplete.
There is a constant #Enable_Expiremental that will turn on the tab
How it is incomplete is that the thread that is called to do the task is empty. With a test delay
I am afraid having it zip directories and moving them to your preferred backup directory is beyond my understanding at this time.
I wanted it to create a new directory at your backup location formatted %yyyy-%mm-%dd and put all of your selected directories you want to back up as zipped folders. Essentially allowing you to have one backup set per each day you run it. Overwritten if done again on the same day.
I could not get zip files of chosen directories larger than 1kb

Please, if anyone wants to implement this final functionality and bring the version up to 1.10.0 I would be delighted and grateful.
Just post a link to your version here so I can go get a copy.
Otherwise, as it is now, I think it has reached its finality unless that final functionality is implemented.
zikitrake
Addict
Addict

Re: PureBasic Portable Multi-launcher 1.9.2 (win). Enjoy. Fixes editor dpi also!

Post by zikitrake »

Jeromyal wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:12 pm 1.9.2 is now available....
Thank you!
Personally speaking, the utility is just perfect. I just changed the preference files to mine :)
Concerning the backup, I think it would already be too much for a utility of this style (again, it's a totally personal opinion)... in my case I use Google Drive for Windows and USB stick sync).

Thanks for the work!
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Jeromyal »

zikitrake wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:22 am
1.9.2 is now available....
Thank you!
Personally speaking, the utility is just perfect. I just changed the preference files to mine :)
Concerning the backup, I think it would already be too much for a utility of this style
[/quote]

I think I may have to agree with you. even if it was completed it would be little better than what you could already do manually with 7zip.
So I will clean all those bits out and post one final version.
I will leave 1.9.3 up and that final one.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable Multi-launcher 1.9.3 and 1.9.4 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

1.9.4 is up, it has all the code for backup stripped back out. I also compiled a x64 bit version.

This concludes my work on this project. Rejoice? lol

Enjoy my friends.
Jeromyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PureBasic Portable Multi-launcher 1.9.3 and 1.9.5 (win)

Post by Jeromyal »

1.9.5 fixes a bug when starting your preferred editor in isolation mode could only happen if the tool window was open.
cleaned out more bits and pieces from the failed backup addition.

aside from anymore bugs I might stubble on, this is now the final version.