Will the Sun really burn the Earth?

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Olli
Addict
Addict

Will the Sun really burn the Earth?

Post by Olli »

I often listen to this astrophysical way : the Sun will burn the Earth.

I am however puzzled. Theorically, this event will occur in 7,5 * 10^9 years.

And the Earth moves away from the Sun in a rythm of 0.015 meter per year.

I apply a linear way : this means the Earth will move away from 112 million kilometers, in a linear prospective.

Actually the distance Sun/Earth is 149 million kilometers.

In a non-linear prospective, and knowing the moving away speed of the Earth is growing (Newton equation), I think the Sun will never burn the Earth.

:mrgreen:

Ok : my error, 112 million meters only. So, in this way, to calculate the real future, we would need to know which is the rythm of growth of the distance Sun/Earth.

And if the Sun will ever reach the Earh and will burn it, just launch the space rockets always in the same direction.

:D
punak
User
User

Re: Will the Sun really burn the Earth?

Post by punak »

I think Earth's gravity can pull the sun towards it. watch the following video from 4:45 onwards. In utter disbelief, gravity suddenly enters the space station. I think with this state of gravity, the sun can hit the ground and we will all burn. :oops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li7wZLFO7r4
zikitrake
Addict
Addict

Post by zikitrake »

:D
The Ninth Doctor takes Rose five billion years into her future. They land on Platform One, a space station in orbit around Earth. They have arrived in time for a party celebrating the final destruction of the long-abandoned Earth by the expansion of the Sun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_o ... octor_Who)
Keya
Addict
Addict

Post by Keya »

punak wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:29 am I think Earth's gravity can pull the sun towards it
Not the other way around? (gravity is from mass or energy ... the Sun is greater)
punak
User
User

Post by punak »

watch the clip In the space where the astronauts are suspended, objects suddenly fall down from their hands. With this force of gravity, it is not unlikely that the earth will pull the sun towards it.
Keya
Addict
Addict

Post by Keya »

With this force of gravity, it is not unlikely that the earth will pull the sun towards it.
perhaps the gravity of the smaller body will pull the larger body towards it, but the larger body would be pulling the smaller body towards it more