PB 6.00 x64 IDE Crash (Linux/Debian11)

Post bugs related to the IDE here
bgeraghty
User
User

PB 6.00 x64 IDE Crash (Linux/Debian11)

Post by bgeraghty »

Greetings,

I have begun using PB6.00 LTS on linux, and I'm encountering some issues with the IDE simply closing / disappearing while I am in the middle of typing code. I'm not sure if its caused by the auto-complete drop-down or something completely unrelated to my actions, but it is happening randomly and can be somewhat frustrating.

I'm wondering what I can do to collect information from this crash to better understand whats happening, and how to fix it or address it if its a bug. There is no warning or error message, the window simply vanishes as though it was closed.

I'm running the latest Debian 11 x64, and PB 6.00LTS x64. The system is a KVM virtual machine, with the GNOME desktop environment. (All out-of-the-box configurations versions of everything from the latest netinst iso, with updates.)

Any Ideas?
SolveMyIssue_() - No QuickHelp available.
Sicro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PB 6.00 x64 IDE Crash (Linux/Debian11)

Post by Sicro »

If you start the PB IDE from the terminal, error messages may appear in the terminal after a crash.
Why OpenSource should have a license :: PB-CodeArchiv-Rebirth :: Pleasant-Dark (syntax color scheme) :: RegEx-Engine (compiles RegExes to NFA/DFA)
Manjaro Xfce x64 (Main system) :: Windows 10 Home (VirtualBox) :: Newest PureBasic version
bgeraghty
User
User

Post by bgeraghty »

Thanks, lol. Not sure why I didn't think about this, as I was running it that way for a while in the beginning.

I'll report back if I catch anything useful
bgeraghty
User
User

Post by bgeraghty »

Here's the full output from start to finish of the IDE running. Looks like the only error is 'segmentation fault':

Code: Select all

:~/purebasic_ide/purebasic-6.0/compilers$ ./purebasic 
# Option “-x” is deprecated and might be removed in a later version of gnome-terminal.
# Use “-- ” to terminate the options and put the command line to execute after it.
# Option “-x” is deprecated and might be removed in a later version of gnome-terminal.
# Use “-- ” to terminate the options and put the command line to execute after it.
Segmentation fault
:~/purebasic_ide/purebasic-6.0/compilers$ 
StarBootics
Addict
Addict

Post by StarBootics »

When the crash occur do you remember if the Help window was opened ?

Because I'm experiencing the same thing also with Debian 11 x64 but most of the time the Help window is opened.

Best regards
StarBootics
The Stone Age did not end due to a shortage of stones !
bgeraghty
User
User

Post by bgeraghty »

No Help Window open, usually just moving the mouse or entering keyboard input into the editor.
bgeraghty
User
User

Post by bgeraghty »

Update: The bug experienced was occurring in the Gnome Desktop Environment. I've since been able to run the IDE inside of xfce4 for multiple days with no instances of the issue showing up.