Any help with html and css?

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
doctorized
Addict
Addict

Any help with html and css?

Post by doctorized »

I am not a pro at web pages. I am helping a group to make their home page. The have almost zero income and they can't afford a pro to help them. I managed to create a page with two vertical divs, the first one holds the menu and the second one the page content according to user’s request. Those two divs must have the same height so the page will look nice. I managed to solve it. Now I have a serious problem and I can’t figure out what is missing. As you may see in the example that I post, the text in the second div appears much lower than it should be, leaving a big white area above it. No matter what I tried to fix it failed. Is there anyone who can help? Or do you know a forum that can actually help? I tried to ask for help at stackoverflow, they marked my question as duplicate as some other guy with a different code had a similar problem and, off course, the solution in his problem does not solve mine.
The code is here.
normeus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Any help with html and css?

Post by normeus »

doctorized ,
Try to get rid of inline style. It will make it easier to figure out where styles come from. On any modern browser press F12 and you'll see how each element is being modified.

For your current problem, in your style.css:

getting rid of "clear: both;" in this section will fix the 2nd div problem

Code: Select all

.navigation:after {
  content: '';
  display: table;
 /* clear: both; */
}
Norm.
google Translate;Makes my jokes fall flat- Fait mes blagues tombent à plat- Machte meine Witze verpuffen- Eh cumpari ci vo sunari
netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Re: Any help with html and css?

Post by netmaestro »

I've found W3 Schools to be a very valuable resource for learning and debugging html, css, javascript and php. And it's free.
BERESHEIT