Right-clicking app's taskbar button = Debugger?

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Right-clicking app's taskbar button = Debugger?

Post by BarryG »

When I right-click the taskbar button of one of my PureBasic apps that is running from the IDE, I see its name above the "Pin to taskbar" item, and if I select the name, a new console window opens called "PureBasic Console Debugger (press Ctrl+C to stop program)", even though my app isn't of console type. Is this normal? I've never noticed it before.
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Re: Right-clicking app's taskbar button = Debugger?

Post by mk-soft »

This is not normal and is an error in the windows settings. Maybe a reference to another programme has been assigned.
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

This happens with zero reference to any other app in the PureBasic settings. It happens with a new code compile that hasn't even been saved yet, such as this code when run fresh from the IDE, with a clean default PureBasic install.

Code: Select all

OpenWindow(0,400,200,640,240,"test",#PB_Window_SystemMenu)
Repeat
  ev=WaitWindowEvent()
Until ev=#PB_Event_CloseWindow
Right-clicking its window button in the taskbar shows this:

It shows the name of another of my PureBasic apps for some reason? I even tried deleting the thumbnail cache folder of Windows (the OS) and killed explorer.exe, as mentioned here -> viewtopic.php?t=80615

But it didn't help. To be 100% sure, I even deleted the other app's folder so it doesn't exist, yet that app's name still appears in the right-click menu of this new app. Very strange!
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

Search the registry for the other purebasic app (regedit). Maybe something is entered there.

And search for purebasic.exe

regedit:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\PureBasic.exe\shell\open\command
can be
"C:\WinAPP\PureBasic-v6.00x64\PureBasic.exe" "%1" /P "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\PureBasic\PureBasic.prefs" /T "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\PureBasic\Templates.prefs" /A "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\PureBasic\Tools.prefs" /H "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\PureBasic\History.db"
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive