JSON members with ":" and other special characters

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
boddhi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

JSON members with ":" and other special characters

Post by boddhi »

Hello,

I need to retrieve some JSON data from the internet, which contains member names with ":", "#" and "@" like :
"aaaa:bbbb" : "xxxx"
"#cccc" : "yyyy"
"@dddd" : "zzzz"
I want to use ExtractJSONStructure() because I know in advance the JSON data tree, which won't change. This technique would be more practical for me than examining the structure in its entirety.

But how can I manage variable names in a PB structure with this type of JSON member names? Is this even possible?

Thanks for your help.
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Re: JSON members with ":" and other special characters

Post by Fred »

It's not yet possible, but I plan to add an optional parameter to specify a specific mapping (using a Map()) as some fields can't be mapped to native types.
Kiffi
Addict
Addict

Post by Kiffi »

Fred wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:26 pmI plan to add an optional parameter to specify a specific mapping (using a Map()) as some fields can't be mapped to native types.
That would be great! :D
Hygge
boddhi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by boddhi »

Fred wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:26 pm It's not yet possible, but I plan to add an optional parameter to specify a specific mapping (using a Map()) as some fields can't be mapped to native types.
Thank you for your reply and I look forward to seeing this feature available. :wink:
infratec
Always Here
Always Here

Post by infratec »

At the moment I always use ReplaceString() to replace such things in JSON$ before I use ExtractJSONStructure()
boddhi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by boddhi »

infratec wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:47 pm At the moment I always use ReplaceString() to replace such things in JSON$ before I use ExtractJSONStructure()
That's the fallback solution I've opted for. But I didn't want to have to parse the whole JSON structure, if that were possible ;)