PureBasic 6.03 LTS is released !

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

PureBasic 6.03 LTS is released !

Post by Fred »

Hello folks,

2023-10-11: Final is out ! Thanks to all beta testers, it's been a long bug fix release, the biggest we did for now. It comes with 2 more bug fixes, and now we can focus on the next release which will be a features based.

Bugfixes for this version:This list was created automatically. All updated bug threads from the date of the last final version have been determined.

2023-10-06: beta 10 is online, with Sonoma support for OS X. The OS X build system has been updated to Sonoma and XCode 15 and the libs patched to work as expected. The C backend compiler is now the default on OS X x64, and 'pbcompilerasm' as an additional compiler as it currently doesn't work with XCode 15 (gathering more info on this, in the meantime you can install XCode 14.3 to use it).

Code: Select all

- Added accessibility option for the IDE (Windows) https://github.com/fantaisie-software/purebasic/pull/251
- Added XCode 15 and Sonoma support to PureBasic OS X.
- C Backend is now the default compiler on OS X x64, so all OS X has the same backend by default.
- Updated doc for German and French.
Bugfixes for this version:This list was created automatically. All updated bug threads from the date of the last final version have been determined.

2023-09-23: beta 9 is available and is focusing on doc improvement (english only for now). As a side note we dropped codesign support for Windows package as the price went crazy for this (basically from 200 euros for 3 years to 450 euros per year, which is a total rip-off for nearly no advantage as AV still flags the execs as malware regardless of the signing state).

2023-09-14: beta 8 is available which should fix the IDE.

2023-09-13: beta 7 is available to fix the editor slowdown. We added a new mode in the meantime for CompareMemoryString() as it could be useful for you as well

- Added #PB_String_NoCaseAscii support for CompareMemoryString() to have much faster string comparison when only ascii characters are involved
2023-09-09: beta 6 is available with a few more fixes before going live ! Makes sure to test it with your regular projects as we don't expect another beta release.

- Added: #PB_Compiler_DPIAware compiler constant.
- Optimized: Smaller and more readable C generated file.

2023-08-18: beta 5 is out and it focus on more Linux and OS X fixes ! Feel free to test it as we are close to the final release !

2023-08-09: beta 4 is out and it focus on many more Linux fixes ! We also reverted (for now) the TextGadget() change for Windows as it was not correctly done.

2023-07-07: beta 3 is out with even more fixes ! We tagged a lot of old Linux bug topics as 'seems to work as expected with current beta....', could some of you cross check these so we can close them if it's really fixed ? Thanks !

2023-07-02: beta 2 is out and brings more fixes ! Also an up to date scintilla library which should help with Linux IDE issues.

- Updated Scintilla to 5.3.5 for all plateforms
- IDE on Linux is now using GTK3 as default (GTK2 IDE is named purebasic_gtk2)

Another bug fix release in progress, we finally reviewed all the bugs in the "Bug - Windows" forums and fixed the one we could (for now). Next step is Linux, and then OS X. We are quite happy to continue to improve PureBasic reliability ! We also changed the way SetWindowCallback() works to be like pre-6.02, because it was doing some issues to current programs.

- Reverted the behaviour of SetWindowCallback() and added a new optional 'Mode' parameter 
  (with #PB_Window_NoChildEvents or #PB_Window_ProcessChildEvents values).

Have fun !

The Fantaisie Software Team
Kuron
Addict
Addict

Re: PureBasic 6.03 LTS beta 1 is ready to test !

Post by Kuron »

Thank you, Fred. Your hard work is very much appreciated.
Best wishes to the PB community. Thank you for the memories. ♥️
luis
Addict
Addict

Post by luis »

Many thanks for the bug fixing, as always I would take that over new features without hesitation.
And sometimes a new feature :wink:
"Have you tried turning it off and on again ?"
A little PureBasic review
Janni
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Janni »

The dedication Fred and team have on PureBasic is amazing. Thank you very much, and looking forward for Linux next.
Spec: Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon, i7-3770K, 16GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super
User_Russian
Addict
Addict

Post by User_Russian »

Fred wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:08 pm

- Reverted the behaviour of SetWindowCallback() and added a new optional 'Mode' parameter 
As parameter "#Window" should I use #PB_All for all windows?
In the help I did not find an answer what to use if the parameter "Mode" is needed.
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

Fred wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:08 pmWe also changed the way SetWindowCallback() works to be like pre-6.02, because it was doing some issues to current programs.
THANK YOU! I can confirm my app now works as it did with 6.01 again.
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

User_Russian wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:23 pm

As parameter "#Window" should I use #PB_All for all windows?
In the help I did not find an answer what to use if the parameter "Mode" is needed.
You can use #PB_Any for all windows, i will update the help.
wombats
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by wombats »

Thank you, Fred!
marcoagpinto
Addict
Addict

Post by marcoagpinto »

Thank you, Fred.
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

Thanks Fred :D

Missing constants on IDE, but we have enough #PB_Window_... constants

Better

#PB_Process_NoChildEvents = 0
#PB_Process_ChildEvents = 1 ; (Default)
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
User_Russian
Addict
Addict

Post by User_Russian »

Possibly better

#PB_Callback_NoChildEvents = 0
#PB_Callback_ChildEvents = 1
jacdelad
Addict
Addict

Post by jacdelad »

I may be blind, but can someone please tell me what exactly is the difference between the old and and the new Callback mode? And when it could be useful to use the other one?
I am using callback from time to time and never wasted a thought about there might be different ways.

Oh, and thanks Fred an team. Are the many requested constants from the missing constants thread integrated too?
PureBasic 6.04/XProfan X4a/Embarcadero RAD Studio 11/Perl 5.2/Python 3.10
Windows 11/Ryzen 5800X/32GB RAM/Radeon 7770 OC/3TB SSD/11TB HDD
Synology DS1821+/36GB RAM/130TB
Synology DS920+/20GB RAM/54TB
Synology DS916+ii/8GB RAM/12TB
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

There are messages that do not go to the gadget, but to the parent window of the gadget. But the parent window is not always the top window. For example, if a button is in the container, the parent window is the container.
In the old method, everything was internally redirected to the top window (SetWindowCallback), which is not correct, but simplified our work.
Now you can set the mode the way you want it.
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
Axolotl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Axolotl »

Thanks Fred and Team especially for the update on SetWindowCallback()
I never thought that would happen. :oops:
You guys are the best.
Mostly running PureBasic <latest stable version and current alpha/beta> (x64) on Windows 11 Home
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

Axolotl wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:56 pm Thanks Fred and Team especially for the update on SetWindowCallback()
I never thought that would happen. :oops:
Yep, it's a relief! And it means all existing code on the forum will work again, instead of breaking (with what was going to be the new callback method).